HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-14-2004, 12:15 AM   #1
Alicia

Quick side effect question....did everyone have hair loss following this treatment? Complete, thinning, NONE!!?? I just wish I could put this decadron energy to good work!!! Maybe I'll paint my bedroom!!! I know I 'll be tired soon enough! Love to all Alicia
Old 10-14-2004, 01:05 AM   #2
Annemarie

Yes, WBR causes hair loss. My hair did grow back but it is much thinner. It depends mostly on the amount of RT given and how much hair you begin with. But I have my life and you would never notice my hair. I notice because I know what it was.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:07 AM   #3
Jean

Yes, you lost your hair beginning from 11-13/20(this means you have total 20 treatment, a little over halfway your hair started to fall big, at the end of it, all will fall off). That was for me at least. I just finished my WBR this Monday. Major side effect for now is very tired, and no taste in my mouth. painful scalf. I also had upset stomach for a few times but was solved with Ginger (raw Ginger with some saesoning). I also was told Ginger candy can help, too. One cream can help you protect your skin(eucerin, so my skin arround is ok after the whole treatment). I do not know how long this fatigue, and no taste will last. I will let you know a week later! Questions? Post, I will try my best to help!

Jean
Old 10-14-2004, 07:28 AM   #4
celina

My sister has lost ALL her hair, including lashes and eyebrows. But, she also is on chemo. WBR was very draining..so if and when you do become completely fatigued, know that it doesn't last. Good luck with the remaining treatments.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:27 PM   #5
Terri

I finished WBR in June. I lost all my hair, and it has started to grow back, but only in a stripe like a Mohawk. I look silly. Does anyone know how long it took there hair to ALL grow in, even if it is thinner? I threaten to dye this purple and use gell on it.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:42 PM   #6
Patty D

Mine came out in Aug 2003 after I had my WBR - it came back very sparsley with the center top and crown barely growing at all! It is very frustrating because I cant go out without some kind of head covering. Since it has been so long I guess it will never grow back completely- The bright side I guess is that I can get alot of cute hats etc to cover up with. Hopefully yours will do better but give it some time. I dont think there is any product on the market we can use to make it grow.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:09 AM   #7
Lisa

Complete hair loss. Well, I just shaved it since it was heading down to nothing. 5 weeks later: still some fatigue (can last months) and no hair.

Use your energy now@!

Love and healing light,

Lisa
Old 10-15-2004, 02:31 AM   #8
Annemarie

I always hesistate to give advise when it is not in the best interest of curing cancer. That being said I did get feed back on a message board prior to wbr regarding the strip down the middle of the head and my Dr. did put some blocks so I got a bit less RT. It really was not a significant difference so he did not object. He also put blocks near my eyebrows towards the end of treatment. Because he only used blocks for a few of the treatments and I felt it was a QOL issue at age 33. I know not everyone would agree with this advise but it is a decision I am happy with. As I mentioned my hair is not as full but only I know that. My hair looks perfectly normal but not as thick. i knew this from my arm pit hair growth on the RT side. If you compare the two sides you may see the difference. I do.