HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-18-2004, 04:15 AM   #1
Steph N

Well, I don't have it yet - but have a shot appt for Nov. 2 in the late morning.
Had to get on the phone with both my cell and land lines redialing to the TWO nearest county Health District Clinics. After about 45 minutes of this redialing every 30 seconds, I got a live voice! But that is what it took to get the appt. Cost is $18 and they will give me a form to submit to my insurance.
I have my patient copy of my flu vaccination form from the cancer center from last year. This is all I will need according to the scheduler. I wanted to make sure I bring whatever the CDC requires so I don't get bumped out of my hard-won appt.
Good luck to all of you who want the vaccine - I was told some walk-in clinics may still have some doses as well.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:38 AM   #2
Lolly

Congrats in advance, Steph! I also am anticipating being able to get a shot either tomorrow at my Herceptin infusion, or Thursday at a Safeway pharmacy...The "Immunizing Pharmicist" let me make an appointment for Thursday in case my clinic is out of vaccine when I go in tomorrow...Good luck all, perservance furthers!

Love, Lolly
Old 10-18-2004, 05:57 AM   #3
Sheila

Got mine today with my Herceptin....they are even limiting giving them to the chemo patients as they dont have enough so I feel very fortunate.
Hugs
Sheila
Old 10-18-2004, 12:38 PM   #4
Jackie

Good for you!! It's scarey to watch the news at night filming people (mostly the elderly) lining up in the middle of the night in front of clinics and pharmacies in this area that are dispensing the vaccine. It's now a misdemeanor to give to anyone who doesn't meet the special criteria. Having had my shot 2 wks ago makes it certainly one less thing to stress over, and I hope everyone here who needs the vaccine is able to get theirs as well. Tommy Thompson is assuring the American public that those in need of it will receive it. I hope he's right!
Old 10-18-2004, 01:11 PM   #5
Lisa

I called my onc's office today to see whether they'd received their shots. They had. BUT the medical facility in which they practice says no shots to any patient who doesn't also have his/her primary care physician at that facility. Unbelievable political bs! I've spent much more time, not to mention money, at that facility than any other in my life. So I called my PCP and am scheduled for Wed.

Love and light,

Lisa