HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-12-2004, 09:41 AM   #1
Annemarie

My path report that was recently done to check for her2 status has a few things that I do not understand. Maybe you ladies know what this DNA anaylisis means?
ER by IHC 40% favorable
PR by IHC ???5% unfavorable
Her2 3+/strongly positive
p53 unfavorable
k1-67 ???10% favorable
DNA histogram shows two stemlines. The indices are 1.27 and 1.71 (both anenploid). KI-67 should be used for interpretation of proliferation.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:33 PM   #2
Kristen

It is frustrating not knowing what all the info means, When I asked this question, I was told to call the lab who did you path.

I went back to my path and there were some ranges that were posted, you may have them also, but for er+ >5% is favorable, pr???5% is unfavorable, Ki67 (is the measure of cell proliferation), favorable is ???10%, 10-20% is borderline and >20% is unfavorable.

I went to NEX Profiler and you can see the data they have on reocurrance and they will ask you all kinds of questions from your path report and if you don't understand something, they have a link, Learn, and it describes what they are looking at/for. Hope this helps a little and I am sure other folks will have alot more info than me. take care Annemarie, k
p.s. When you get your FISH test back it will have the ratio for HER2 chromosomes, I had 17 in 60 nuclei. I know I was in the second grouping on NEX. On interpretation. ratio of greater than or equal to 2.0 indicates Her2 gene amplification adjusted for chromosome 17 poly. My fish was 7.6 amplified. Wish you the best.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:11 PM   #3
eleanor

Hi,
I know the info on how to read path reports is on the web, but it's been awhile since I looked it up. I do remember though that the favorable/unfavorable meant just that. It seems there are things they measure to see if it's in "your favor" or not. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it because what it is saying is that these are things that may affect your response to treatment,in other words, just statistics. With all the new drugs, I prefer to believe those ratings are somewhat outdated.
el
Old 10-14-2004, 10:19 PM   #4
Lyn

Hi, the bit that sticks out is HER2 strongly 3+ which is what mine was and my onc said it was the best and most favourable result and Herceptin compatible patients have a better outcome of beating this devil.

Love & Hugs Lyn