HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-14-2004, 01:10 AM   #1
Meg

Hi,
Can bone metastasis occur if lymph nodes were not involved? What are symptoms of bone mets?
Old 10-14-2004, 03:37 AM   #2
Esther

I had clean lymph nodes, yet developed liver and bone mets.

I didn't have any symptoms of the bone mets, but I've heard others mention that it can feel like an ache deep in the bone.

Anything that doesn't go away after a week should be checked out with your oncologist.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:14 PM   #3
eleanor

Hi,
symptons can vary from woman to woman and even from location. It almost feels like a cramp or very sore muscle in alot of cases. Like you pulled something. It can kind of come and go but if it persists for a few weeks then it is time to have it checked.
el
Old 10-15-2004, 08:40 PM   #4
Cathy W

Two years ago I was staged I because I had a small tumor and no lymph node showing cancer (I had sentinal node biopsy). Less than a year later, I was dx with mega mets to bones, liver, pleura, lungs. Turns out I'd had mets to bones for a "significant period of time". I'd had a lot of bone pain in my lower back and area where my bra goes across my back for a few years before BC discovered. I told both onc and PC that my pain wnet away during chemo. No one put t & 2 together until I developed a plueral effusion and lymph swelling in my shoulder area.
What the pain feels like: for me it was enough to wake me up during the night or in the early morning. I always felt better after getting up and moving around. OTC pain killers helped a little. Back rubs and heat did not make any difference. I thought it was chronic lower back pain from being 40lbs over weight and out of shape (no abs to speak of).
Everyone has different levels of pain tolerance. I have a high pain tolerance. If you have chronic pain (more than ten days in a row) and you've had BC before, insist on a bone scan.
Hope this helps.