HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-17-2004, 09:53 AM   #1
Rozebud

For those of you that have brain mets, can you tell me about your symptoms prior to diagnosis, if you had them? I don't want to be paranoid, but want to be diligent.

I've had headaches (mild) for about 3 weeks. I know that after 2 weeks I should normally say something. However, I just had a brain MRI in mid-August which was clear, after 2 weeks of headaches, so I don't want to go in and ask for another one unless I think something is really wrong. It just seems too soon after the last one. (My headaches last time subsided almost as soon as the MRI was scheduled - could it be pyschosematic?)

The pain is really focused - right between my eyebrows. It's a mild pinching that is there - almost like a sinus headache. Which is what I would think it was - maybe allergies, but it's been a while and the weather has turned. Could it be the herceptin? If you have brain mets, what did it feel like? Thank you in advance. Rose
Old 10-17-2004, 10:57 AM   #2
Lisa

Rose,

I had no symptoms. Although I was feeling a bit less "sharp", but figured it was chemo brain. No headaches at all. And my brain mets were all over. It seems to me that if this is a different type of headache than you've ever had, that would be cause for concern.

Love and healing light,

Lisa
Old 10-17-2004, 10:58 AM   #3
Rozebud

Lisa - Thank you for replying. I remember you were originally dx'd at an early staging. How did they find them?
Old 10-17-2004, 01:26 PM   #4
Lisa

It was time for my quarterly scans and I specifically asked the doctor to do a brain MRI rather than a brain CT scan which he would have normally ordered. I was just finishing my chemo and wanted to make SURE there were no brain mets (since the MRI is a more sensitve test for brains). Didn't get the news I wanted, but got the news I needed for treatment.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 10-17-2004, 02:03 PM   #5
Annemarie

i was diag 5/000 with Stage 3b er/pr pos and her2+++. I have had brain mets three times all single lesions. Twice /////i had symptoms of terrible headaces in the moring that got better as the day went on. Dr. love mentions this in her book. I also had nausau. one time it just came up on a scan.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:05 AM   #6
Kathie in New Jersey

I think you symptoms would vary on where the tumor/s are. I developed a headache that would come on while looking up,waking up,and the weirdest of all while urinating. I had a 3 cm tumor on my cerebellum which had to be removed surgically. The Dr asked if I had experienced any dizziness and I hadn't and yet the cerebellum is where your equalibrium is. Go figure ! Your hopefully is just sinus

Kathie
Old 10-18-2004, 12:06 AM   #7
Alicia

Hi,
My symptoms were severe headaches in the morning. I too thought they were sinus but nothing relieved them completely throughout the day, only dulled them. As soon as I went on the decadron they subsided a lot. I have two tumors both less than 3cm and had had an MRI in Jan. Best wishes! Alicia