HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-18-2004, 05:52 AM   #1
Beverly

My mother received first dose of Adriamycin/Cytoxin last Wed. Today is Monday. She has received her shot of Aloxi right after treatment, and had Neupogen shot last Thursday. She is taking Adivan. She still is feeling very lightheaded, which of course makes her feel nauseous. The Adivan works somewhat, but is making her very tired. The lightheadedness is staying very consistent. They gave her another medicine to be taken 3 or 4 times a day, but it wasn't helping at all, so she was told 'if it's not working, then don't take it.'

Is the lightheadedness a normal side effect of the Adriamycin? How long does it normally last? How long before she should be concerned enough to go back to the Dr.?
Old 10-18-2004, 10:21 AM   #2
Lolly

Beverly, I do remember feeling lightheaded during the course of my A/C, but it's been 5 years ago and I honestly don't remember how long it lasted between doses(I was on a 3 weekly schedule). The anti-nausea I was on, Promethazine, made me very tired and probably contributed to the lightheadedness also. Hopefully some who have a more recent experience will contribute comments. I'm sure your mom is going to weather the treatments just fine, it all seems very foreign and scary at first, but she'll soon settle into the routine and things will start to feel more "normal", or what some of us call the "new normal".

Love, Lolly
Old 10-18-2004, 12:36 PM   #3
eleanor

It's been about 4 yrs for me, but i remember feeling kind of "weird" and it would last about 2-3 days.
hope that helps
el
Old 10-18-2004, 08:39 PM   #4
carlye

Hi,
On my first dose of AC, I felt like that for 4 days! My onco changed my anti nausea meds and that helped a ton. The one I was taking compazine just made me feel so bad, so he switched me to anziment.(need spell check) He also started giving me IV fluids for a few days following chemo to get it through my system alittle faster. My doc feels there is always other options and other meds to get you through this you just have to keep trying to get one that works for you. Hope this helps!
Old 10-18-2004, 09:34 PM   #5
Kim

I really did not like how the ativan made me feel, so I would only take it at night.
Is she getting enough fluids? Dehydration can make you feel pretty bad too. If she is having any concerns about how she is feeling she should call her dr. There are so many meds out there, they may be able to make some changes and get her feeling better.
Kim