HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
valleygirl

how do you deal with friends who aviod you?

How do you deal with your friends who avoid you? I'd say 96% have been very distant. Some have been my friend since childhood. I have some coworkers that I think of as family, who I've worked with for over twenty years. I'm not sure how to deal with this.
I'll text and won't get a text back, I think phone calls have been avoided and once I do get a hold of them I can tell they're not comfortable
talking about what I'm going through. I have tried to just keep the conversation light and up beat, but there always seems to be a monkey in the room.
Even on facebook no one seems to response to my posts. earlier tonight I asked friends to join me for our local Relay for Life, asked them to message
me if they were interested, No messages. My husband suggested that I just invite some over for dinner, he thinks they may be more comfortable
talking in person. I'm not comfortable with that because I'm not comfortable with how I look in tops. If I do go anywhere I leave my coat on. I had a
double mastectomy, have a implant on one side and an expander in the other, but find it very noticeable. I'm still in some pain and wearing a bra
is painful. I know I've been very emotional lately and having a hard time turning it off. I only know one other woman who has had breast cancer but
she lives 1000s of miles away and don't know her very well. How do you deal with friends?
valleygirl is offline   Reply With Quote