HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-14-2004, 11:31 AM   #1
michele u

Has anyone had a clot in their port? Last week when i got my herceptin it was really hard to flush the port after. I worried that there was a clot there. This last week i've been having shortness of breath and twinges or pain in the port area. They said they might have to do a cathogram with dye to see if there is a clot then put clot busters in. I't all a little scary to me!! Has anyone had this?
Old 10-14-2004, 12:11 PM   #2
eleanor

I haven't, but I think it's kind of common. Sometimes the port gets blocked just from movement. They can check it out fairly easily.
el
Old 10-14-2004, 01:55 PM   #3
Lolly

Michele, I had similar symptoms last year and a dye study showed that part of the catheter had broken off. Whether this was caused by a clot or from friction, from the catheter being pinched against the collarbone, we don't know; but they removed the catheter fragment and port and replaced it with a new one. It's good they're taking your symptoms seriously and checking your port with the dye study, just be sure they have checked to make sure all of the catheter is still attached to the port.

Love, Lolly
Old 10-19-2004, 12:14 PM   #4
kerry from Washington State

I've had the tissue dissolver (sp) twice , said a prayer and it was fine both times. These new challenges that crop up are frightening at first. take care-kerry