HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-15-2004, 06:25 AM   #1
Steph N

Hi -
Do you have THREE children? Somehow I thought you had 2 little boys.

I excercise with a young Korean woman who took her chemo during her first, and so far only, pregnancy. The little girl is 4 now and is normal as far as anyone can see.
It always amazes me to see the young women with babes in arms getting their chemo while I get my infusions. Some might have their mothers with them, but so many BC patients in their 20's or 20's.
One of the other survivors from my last clinical trial that beat my mets is only 29. There are 3 of us now left still in remission out of the 20 patients in that phase of the trial. She also had extensive disease and is doing well as reported to me this week. That means she was only 26 when she had mets! Don't know if she has children, but might be interesting to find out.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:50 PM   #2
Rozebud

Steph - you'd be surprised. There are a LOT of us. I've met over 15 women in person just in the Kansas and Missouri area since I've been dx'd in there 20s and 30s. Several moms like me who were pregnant. I was far along and was able to induce pre-chemo, but others were not, and all there babies are fine. A woman in her 30s has a 1 in 250 chance of getting bc while in her 30s. It's unfortunately becoming all too common.

THANK YOU for sharing that story. Usually young women do worse and have worse prognoses, so I REALLY appreciate hearing that! 26 is WAY too young (I was 33).