HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
tweet7805

Question Trembling

I ended chemo/Herceptin 12/06 and have been in remission since but when I had my first chemo treatment of AC 12/05 onc gave me compazine for nausea and I had a alergic reaction of severe trembling like I had Parkinsons Disease when I stopped the med three days later it stopped I originally thought it was the chemo but onc said no that was a side effect of compazine and never to take again. About a month ago the trembling has started again but not as bad but seems to be lasting longer. Has anyone had this problem or know if this could be the start of a reoccurrence? New Problem? I haven't called the onc yet as they happen sporadically and I know they will probably not happen when I see him. Mainly happen when I'm tired or relaxed such as evening or last Sunday during Church.

Thanks

Lea
DX 10/11/05; Age 53;Lump found during annual mamo
Lumpectomy 11/22/05; Tumor 1.5 CM DX IDC; Stg IIA;1 Sent Node Pos. with multiple microspopic cells, 2nd clear; All Margins Clear Upgraded to Stg IIB Grade III; HR/PR -; HER2 +++
AC - 12/29-2/28/06
TX/HERC 3/7-3/29 Wkly; Taxol discontinued 3/29/06 Alergic Reaction
Taxotere/Herc 4/7-6/14/06 8 Wkly
Herceptin E/3 Wks 8/06 - 3/29/07
33 Rads 8-9/19/06
Clear Mamo Nov 2006
Herceptin stopped 12/4/2006 due to heart damage shown on Muga Scan
tweet7805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
BonnieR

Tweet, the doctor doesn't have to actually see the tremors to offer you help. You can document when they occur, the duration, etc. There are alot of things that could cause them, unrelated to cancer. Maybe even blood sugar levels, for instance. Or some new medicine you are on. There might be a simple explaination. Let us know what you find out.

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:26 PM   #3
madubois63

Like Bonnie, my thought was your sugar level. I have been on a heavy dose of steroids for several months now. Part of taking steroids besides, climbing the walls, not sleeping, cleaning everything and eating everything, is that it has made me temporarily diabetic. I shake if my sugars are too high (more the norm with steroids), and I shake if my sugars are too low (something I only experienced once). The other night I went an financial planning seminar/dinner. I ate chicken and veggies and passed on the pasta and dessert. I had checked my sugar level prior to dinner and taken my insulin as I normally do. I got home and started to shake. I felt like I was about to pass out. I checked my sugar level and for some strange reason, my sugar level was 60. I immediately drank a glass of orange juice and regretted passing up on that chocolate cake at the seminar. My friend is on anti-biotics for lymphadema. She takes them long term and sometimes gets to feeling the same way. It could be a medication you are taking. Keep track of when these tremors occur, including the time of day and when you last ate. I would not let this get by the doc and definitely ask to have your sugar levels checked....
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver
BC mets to lung 11/07
Fasoladex Herceptin Zometa Xeloda
GVHD/Iron overload to liver
Avascular Necrosis/morphine pump 10/10
metastatic brain tumor
steriotactic radiosurgery
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
tweet7805

Red face Trembling

Thanks for the advice by today they had stopped but I called primary anyway & talked to his nurse which she discussed with the DR. He had never heard of this reaction to Vit D but said to stop just in case the dose was too much and keep diary if they start again and also when I eat. He didn't suggest anything else and I'm sure he thinks I'm becoming an hyprochondiac but I see my onc on Thurs and I'm going to mention to him anyway just in case he thinks I should go to neurologist as another person suggested. I'll let you know if anything else transpires.

Lea
DX 10/11/05; Age 53;Lump found during annual mamo
Lumpectomy 11/22/05; Tumor 1.5 CM DX IDC; Stg IIA;1 Sent Node Pos. with multiple microspopic cells, 2nd clear; All Margins Clear Upgraded to Stg IIB Grade III; HR/PR -; HER2 +++
AC - 12/29-2/28/06
TX/HERC 3/7-3/29 Wkly; Taxol discontinued 3/29/06 Alergic Reaction
Taxotere/Herc 4/7-6/14/06 8 Wkly
Herceptin E/3 Wks 8/06 - 3/29/07
33 Rads 8-9/19/06
Clear Mamo Nov 2006
Herceptin stopped 12/4/2006 due to heart damage shown on Muga Scan
tweet7805 is offline   Reply With Quote