HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
cosmicdust

Post Cosmicdust & here is my profile

Dx 11/19/05 (age 50+), Modifed radical 12/05/05
Stage 4, mets to T12 and liver
Node positive (all nodes removed)
ER/PR-
HER2+ (FISH 7.5)
Finished 3 rounds of ATZC (Adria,Taxotere,Zometa,Cytoxan) on 2/23/06
Will begin Herceptin/Taxotere/Zometa on 5/13/06 (will be done July 06) 3 weeks on, 2 weeks off

Still on the planet! Blessings from Minnesota!
Old 05-01-2006, 12:41 AM   #2
cosmicdust

Smile

Karenann - doing 3 cycles to start and see how it goes. Prior chemo has shrunk liver met 50% so far, and kept bone mets in check. Thank you for asking - have a great day!
Old 05-18-2006, 12:28 AM   #3
cosmicdust

for callen03...

Carla -
Glad to hear chemo is working for you!! Hugs!!

I had 3 cycles chemo (ACTZ) and just completed my first 3 weekly iv hercep/taxoter and 1 zometa (for bone met). Not certain how many cycles of hercep/tax will do as depends how liver mets doing. Chemo took largest liver met down by 50% (a lot!!) and met to bone is stable with NO new mets..(yipee)

I take vitamins A,C,D,E and B complex with a nightly Aloe Vera to wrap up!
My onc was ok with them as you may know some herbs (and minerals) may interfere with chemo (info is on the net).

I also try to eat foods that help my liver rather than herbals as they can have side effects and can impact chemo. (eat healthier!!)

I have Reiki sessions (complementary therapy) every 2 weeks for my mental well-being and boost my inner strength. (meditation helps too!)

Drink lots of water, move the 'bod' daily for excercise (walks, housecleaning...) and try to 'live' each day to the fullest.

I decided to go on disability (SSDI is automatic for stage 4) with long term thru employer as fighting this disease is number one and the stress from my type of work is NOT needed. This way I can also do some things I always wanted to do, but never the time!
Later I may go back...or NOT! :-)

I wish you well on your 'path' ...