HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-07-2004, 12:21 PM   #1
Sheila

Lolly
I have never been weighed other than the 1st time...they always check my pulse and B/P but no weight...I asked about that last Monday when I had a treatment as I have gained 7 pounds since beginning Herceptin in Oct. They said Herceptin makes most women gain weight. Has it affected you...if I keep going the way I am, they'll have to get bigger chairs!
Hugs
Sheila
Old 03-08-2004, 05:09 AM   #2
Steph N.

Hey Gals!
I thought my weight gain - yeah, got "the creep" going on too - was more due to having so much chemo which will slow down metabolism plus the hormone changes.
Would be interested to know how taking herceptin fits into that scenario.
I have a struggle to hold the line at 138 or so. I was always reed thin before cancer. Been on herceptin for over 26 months. Weekly with the chemo for about 7 months and on a 3-week basis since then.
Wonder about those women who have had many years of Herceptin???
Just got my wardrobe straightened out so that most of the clothes in my closet fit me - I can't afford to keep up a weight gain!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 08:22 AM   #3
Lolly

Just got back from infusion. Lost 1 pound! I've gained 20 lbs. since starting treatment in Oct.'99, which I haven't lost. BUT, since I started Herceptin I gradually gained another 10 lbs, by last fall. I've finally lost that 10 lbs and am starting on the remaining 20. In my case I don't think I can blame Herceptin, I just like to eat hearty and not exercise, so I am cutting back on my portions, "eating smart", and walking my dog a LOT. Wish me luck!
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 03-08-2004, 08:44 AM   #4
Beth

Good luck, but I saw you and Franks picture on the Story Board and think you look great already!