HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-06-2004, 12:39 PM   #1
Linda in MI.

Hi Ladies,

As you know, I had the lung talc proc. done a month ago on my left lung. Well, I'm still recovering from that and I also had fluid build up on my right side as well. The pressure has been herendous. I've been so uncomfortable. I got 2 liters drained yesterday. I'm still on oxygen but my onc told me that hopefully I will see some results from the navalbine I started this past week---hopefully in another 3 weeks then maybe I won't need to be on oxygen.

I have tremendous support from my husband and family, especially my mom who is at my house every day but I'm feeling really down right now. Maybe I'm expecting too much too soon. This has all happened so fast. 6 weeks ago I was on the treadmill and now I'm short of breath with oxygen on when I walk to the bathroom.

I'm trying my best to stay positive and my onc feels like there is a lot that can be done but my quality of life right now really stinks!!

Any advice?

Blessings and Hugs,

Linda in MI.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:04 PM   #2
Lisa

No good advice. But remember, that as quickly as your life turned south on a dime, it can turn just as quickly north. Trust in the Navelbine.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 03-06-2004, 02:11 PM   #3
jessica

Keep the faith, Linda!Leave the prayers to us and know that there is an infinite amount of support, comfort and fortitude to be found here, among your sisters & friends in this battle.
Prayers, faith & courage!
God bless,
Jessica
Old 03-06-2004, 06:01 PM   #4
anonymous

Linda
I know how crummy the whole thing feels. On January 1st, I was at the Rose parade in Pasadena, walking with the crowds, no oxygen and doing ok. By the next week I was in the ICU. I am now on oxygen all the time and navelbine. So I know the frustration of going from the treadmill to oxygen seems rough.
But, even if you have to continue to use the oxygen for now, you will get physically stronger with more stamina and you can still be very portable with oxygen. Last week, I went to a concert with 16,000 other people. I can still run errand but I just have to break it up and pace myself.
I am sorry it is so rough right now. It is quite an adjustment. But you will feel better!!! You have just had 2 big procedures done!

Old 03-06-2004, 11:11 PM   #5
Annamarie16

I know nothing about the procedure you had done. Hopefully it works like radiation, the longer time goes on, it keeps on working. Sorry you are in such discomfort. I'm sure just having the fluid drained isn't a walk in the park. Warm fuzzy hugs coming your way.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:09 AM   #6
eleanor

Hi Linda,
if you can, give me your email address I have a few questions to ask you. I know you messaged me earlier. I haven't been feeling well, and have been really tired, so I've been "off" for awhile.
I had the talc procedure done on both lungs in feb/03 and will be on 02 the rest of my life (not thrilled about that). Anyway, we can go into more detail. My email address is elcalabrese@aol.com. Hopefully I can give you some info on this.
el