HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-28-2004, 11:06 AM   #1
Jill

Hi Ladies,

I have been on Herceptin for 6 1/2 years for lung mets. . . never missed a week. I've no doubts that it is a miracle drug. I've been on it alone and with many other combos. Although nausea is something that I constantly battle with other chemos, Heceptin has always been an easy drug for me to take, until a month ago. It's like it has suddenly turned toxic on me . . . nausea, heartburn etc. I'm just sick to think I may have to stop it. Has anyone else ever had this experience? Could anything have changed with the drug . . . new generic form etc.? My Dr. is "puzzled", but I wonder. I had a similar experience the one time I was given a generic form of Taxol. Now my chart says in bold letters . . . BRAND NAME TAXOL ONLY. Thanks for your imput.

Jill
Old 02-28-2004, 02:46 PM   #2
Lolly

Jill,
How wonderful that you've been on Herceptin this long! I'm just starting my 4th year, no problems so far. I remember that some time back there was discussion on the board about possible reactions to the dilutant used to reconstitute Herceptin before infusion. Apparently it contains benzyl alcolhol as a preservative and some have developed a sensitivity to it, so that would be my first guess. If that's the case, saline can be used instead. Good luck, I hope you get to the bottom of this...
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 03-09-2004, 02:04 AM   #3
arati

dear jill,
i hv just had my third shot of herceptin in the third week.. cant imagine living on it for 6 years.. does that went that u never went on holiday.. or even out of town on that particlaur day every week.. dont know what the future holds as the scans wl all be done after the ninth shot and then they wl decide if i wl continue or go onto chemo as well.. is it a tough life? pray all goes well with u..arati