HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-09-2004, 01:33 PM   #1
Christine

I know we have many women who meet these qualifications.

Hugs
Christine

On behalf of the National Cancer Institute (NCI), I would like to ask for your help in identifying potential interview candidates who have had breast cancer surgery (excluding double mastectomies) within the last 12 months. Our goal is to assess the ability of a new booklet-----Surgery Choices For Women with Early-Stage Breast Cancer-----to inform women about making decisions surrounding surgical treatment of their early stage breast cancer. We are seeking a diverse group of women from all areas of the US who live in predominantly RURAL areas of the country. Candidates must live at some distance from cancer centers since we are trying to explore the unique concerns (e.g. time, travel) that may factor into their decision-making.

Patient Recruitment Criteria:
-Breast cancer surgery within the last 12 months
-Live in rural area, several miles away from a cancer center
-30 years of age or older
-Diagnosed with DCIS, Stage I, Stage II, or Stage IIIA breast cancer
-Mixed education levels from less than high school on up
-Various ethnicity, including: White, African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander

Please contact Allison Mozzo at NOVA Research Company at 301-986-1891 ext. 152 or amozzo@novaresearch.com if you know someone that fits these requirements and would like to participate in this study. Compensation will be provided for taking part in the interviews, which should last no more than 35-45 minutes.

Thank you very much for your assistance with this important study.