HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-08-2004, 09:06 PM   #1
patty z

The second round of CyberKnife was easier than the first day. Mask was not so tight, perhaps because I 'puffed up' my cheeks during the attachement! I also prepped myself with two Ativans and 6mg of Melatonin in advance. I wore earplugs.

Was told this would also take 90 minutes and did I want to do it in two sessions? I said yes. Well, that was before I got on the table and fell asleep! When woken, I was asked if I could make another 20 mins. And I groggily said 'ok'. The back of my head was beginning to hurt, but again I made it ok.

Evidently, of the four remaining tumors going in, there were two that were nearly 'doubles', ie. barbell- like, figure eight-like. These two were classed and treated as four. So overall, we were told I had six tumors treated in these two days of CK.

The plan is for a six week checkup, then have follow-up MRI.

So far, since my first dx with brain mets, I have had 16 brain mets treated without WBR. Fourteen of these were seen in my MRI of last April, nearly a year ago, and have now been treated. No new ones have shown up. I am hoping this continues for an extended period of time. Hope this information will be of some benefit as it is not the road usually traveled after dx with brain mets. But becoming more so as I write.

Love and hugs, thanks for your continued support of me....
pattyz
Old 03-09-2004, 04:27 AM   #2
Paula

You are a trooper! If you don't mind my asking, Patty, how did you first know you had brain mets? It is so kind of you to share with us what you are going through so we can all be more knowledgeable on different treatments. I've had some severe headaches for the past month, and my one doctor said it's probably just sinus headaches. But, I don't think they are. Keep you in my prayers . . . God bless. Paula
Old 03-09-2004, 06:43 AM   #3
Kathie in NJ

Brain mets symptoms are different as locations. I had brain tumor in the cerrebellum region and experienced pain in back of head, usually came on with looking up, bearing down ( going to the bathroom). The cerebellum you experience light headedness, dizziness ect. I was use to migraines and didn't think these headaches were that severen, left it go too long. The tumor was 3 cn and had to be surgically removed.
Don't let it go too long if you think that it is an abnormal headache. If you want to know something it was my Golden Retriever that reacted to a spell I had that made me call the Dr. He must have seen something that I didn't recognize. Hope the Dr. is right and it is a sinus headache
Kathie
Old 03-09-2004, 08:18 PM   #4
Leticia in Germay

Patty, your info has been soooooooo precious to me!! Thans again!