HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-12-2006, 10:17 AM   #1
John21

Question A little worried

Hi everyone,

My wife has been stage IV from late Jan. 2003. We have had ups and downs, but mostly NED for the most part. She finished up taxol, carb and Herceptin in MArch of this year. She had a flair up to the liver and lungs. Took care it and now on herceptin. Today she says she thinks here period is back. Nothing heavy, but a light coloration. The doctor has told her she should be done with periods. She has always had problems with that department since childhood and regulating properly. They had her on lupron to surpress it after the first chemo of ACT. It started after that too back in the beginning. SHould we worry. I told her to call the doctor tommorrow and have it checked, scans and everything. Her last scans in Sept showed stable and no progression. Any help in similiar situations would be great. Do ct scans check uterus also or is that separate?
John21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:08 AM   #2
suzan w

is she on arimidex or anything like that? I was post-menopausal and when I started taking arimidex I had some vaginal bleeding...just a thought!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
tricia keegan

Hi John

I can't help with some of your questions but just wanted to tell you if your wife is er/pr positive my onc told me a period is bad news as it means the body is producing estrogen again.
I'm triple pos (highly) and had my ovaries removed earlier this year as a preventative measure.
Sorry I can't be more help but hopefully someone else can help more.
Tricia
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote