HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2004, 07:28 AM   #1
Ron

Everyone,

In May of this year as a result of the stats I found on this board, I insisted that Cyndi have a brain MRI. The Onc. said that we should wait for symptoms. Cyndi did not want one either (mostly because the machine noise scared her). My eldest daughter and I kept pressing and the Onc. finally said, "I guess it won't hurt anything and we will at least have a base line."

Long story short, the doc asked if Cyndi had headaches? Well, almost everyone has an occasional headache, so she replied "sometimes." That is ALL it took for the doc to recommend a MRI. I know some will say that Cyndi's statement was a lie, and that it may boarder on fraud! Say that if you wish.

The MRI proved at least eleven brain lesions, probably more. All were one centimeter (3/8 inch) or smaller. Because of the numbers, Cyber and Gamma were not options. However, because the size was still small the WBR was not as intense as it would have been later. Less is definately better is this case. Cyndi has some side effects but they are not nearly as severe as some of the others I have read about.

Remember when the Oncologist asks if you have been dizzy or experiencing headaches....... The answer is "Yes" or "Occasionally." At least you can have a baseline for any future questions.

God Bless You All,
ron