HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-12-2005, 04:16 PM   #1
sally

I was wondering if any of you have experienced bone pain while on Lupron. I don't mean aches I mean the feeling of bones cracking and grinding. I twisted the wrong way on the couch and it felt like my bone were hitting each other. I also have a sharp pain in my back when I sneeze or cough. I just got my PET and CAT scans back and they came back good. Does anyone else have this pain when they sneeze? Sally
Old 03-12-2005, 06:53 PM   #2
Sandy H.

I have never taken it but I have heard friends say they had the worse arthritis pain in their bones. They ended up taking pain pills and then finally had their ovaries out. Their comment it wasn't worth living on the pain meds. I don't know as if everyone experiences it that way but I have heard of some that have. I would talk to my oncologist and see what he thinks. Hugs, Sandy
Old 03-13-2005, 06:41 PM   #3
sally

I meant to say letrozole (femara) not Lupron. Sally
Old 03-14-2005, 02:11 PM   #4
AlaskaAngel

For what this is worth (!?), I was on tamoxifen for about a year and a half, and suddenly one day I could both feel and hear my vertebrae bumping into each other everytime I twisted or did a sit up. It has been that way ever since. My personal interpretation of this is that estrogen serves as a sort of water-conserving lubricant all over the body and when we get rid of as much of it as possible to avoid having a recurrence, then things like the cushions between the vertebrae are thinner because they are drier... I am NED at Stage 1.

I don't have any back pain so I think you should have that checked out. We are aging so we are going to get back pain at times, but because we also have the cancer history, that should be thoroughly checked.

Best wishes,

A.A.