HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 05-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #21
Bill

Hmmm, I agree, Jan Brady was hot as a fire-cracker, by anyone's standards, but I don't have the Brady Bunch doll kit in my closet. Maybe you do, Lee, and once again, you have misdirected attention from yourself, towards me. Many would consider it odd that you first mentioned "cheap drugs" in high school and the "Jan and Marcia Dolls" in the back of the closet. Can't you see what he's doing? He's trying to turn you against me!
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #22
hutchibk

You boys are funny. And I think "cow-hearted yeasty cod-piece" might actually be a ward-robe accessory on http://www.kiltday.com/

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:16 PM   #23
StephN

Hey Hutch -
GREAT website.
Only Scotsmen don't wear codpieces under their kilts.

It was the Brits who wore a sort of bloomers that had the "codpiece." Why am I the one to bring this up?? Too much trivia in my education?

This from the aforementioned website:

RESPONSES TO "THE QUESTION"

If you wear a kilt in public often enough, you will inevitably be asked "the question."
This can come in various forms, most often something like, "What is worn under the kilt?" "What's under your kilt?" or maybe, "What do you have (on) under your kilt?" Generally, this question is asked by younger girls, but I've been asked by older women and men too. I must admit, questions like these from men are pretty rare, but they do occur. It is best if your response is appropriate for your situation and audience, but here are a few lists of various responses that have been suggested and/or used in the past. Below that, I have included a list of responses to other questions you may get while out-and-about in a kilt..

Enjoy!

Top 15 favorite responses to women who ask "the question":

15) A lady doesn't ask and a gentleman doesn't tell!
14) If you want to get down on your knees, I'll show you!
13) As you can see.. my socks and shoes/boots!
12) The usual.
11) Well, well, well.. you must be the bad girl in your family!
10) I'll bet you didn't know that I wear a kilt.. just to meet women like you.
9) What do you think? Buy me a pint and maybe I'll let you check for yourself!
8) Well, I don't want to brag.. but this may be a turning point in your life!
7) Nothing is worn.. everything is in perfect working order!
6) Only my wife knows.
5) If I tell you, you're gonna want to see for yourself, just like the last dozen girls!
4) Of course it's true! But, if you want to check, you'll have to show me yours first!
3) If your hands aren't too cold, you can reach up under there and check for yourself!
2) How bad do you want to know?
1) Good girls don't ask.. but bad girls find out for themselves!

Top 10 favorite responses to men who ask, "the question":

10) Haggis!!!
9) It's called REGIMENTAL, dude. Google it.
8) Just what God gave me!
7) Usually the ladies ask that question.. what team are you on anyhow?

6) I usually get up and wear whatever I wore the night before.
5) Your wife's/mother's lipstick.
4) If you were man enough to wear a kilt, what would you wear under it?
3) If you try to check for yourself, expect to wake up in the hospital!

2) Same as you, only BIGGER!
1) Freedom!!! (You really should try it for yourself)!

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #24
Colleens_Husband

Ummmmm, I'm telling. StephN and Hutchibk are being naughty.

Bill:

I'm not trying to impugn your character. I'm trying to enhance it. Look, you need a little mystery or mystique in your persona to really make the sell. Just follow along with me and I will help you unleash your inner love magnet. Trust me on this one. Nothing says "I am a bad boy with a heart of gold." like an infatuation with Jan Brady and a orange crate full of restraining orders.

The next step in the process is to feign disinterest in all of this. I know you can pull this off.

Lee or Billee

Did you know my dad's name was Bill? Weird.

Diagnosed in September 2007
ER-/PR-/HER2 Neu+++ 2.1 cm x .9 cm spicluted tumor with three fingers, Stage 2B
Sentinal node biopsy and lymph node removal with 3/18 positive in October 2007
4 TAC infusions
lumpectomy March 2008, bad margins
Re-excision on June 3rd, 2008 with clean margins
Fitted for compression sleeve July 16, 2008
Started the first of two TCH infusions August 14, 2008
Done with chemo and now a member of the blue dot club 9/17/08
Starting radiation October 1, 2008
life is still on hold
Colleens_Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:30 PM   #25
notamrnpsn

Another answer, a true scotsman will never tell., Jeanette
notamrnpsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #26
Becky

And the NERVE that you think Jean and I are the same person!!!! Brenda, Sheila, Chrisy, Joe, Christine and Donna D know the truth!! Really Lee ... I mean Bill ...I mean Billlee? Geez

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #27
Bill

That's right Jeannette! Lee, I don't really know how to put this without sounding like a jackass, but you don't need to help me unleash my inner love magnet. I have to be very careful. I've got the Kavorka and right now I've got about a hundred girl friends and no restraining orders. Truthfully, though, I'm a Ginger from Gilligan's Island guy. I hope your Mom's name isn't Donna. And Becky, I know, I thought of that before Lee started up.

Last edited by Bill; 05-24-2008 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: added comments
Old 05-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #28
Becky

Come on now. What about the Professor? You know he wanted Ginger bad and Ginger was just wishin' too. Poor ole Maryanne found some Maryjane on the island and just couldn't give it up now - dotcha know. And what about the Howell's? I wonder what lil buddy was really up too.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #29
Colleens_Husband

I'm sorry to break up the Gilligan's Island lovefest but that show was so unbelievable. I mean the professor can build a nuclear reactor using vines and coconuts but he was baffled as to how to build something useful, such as,oh I don't know, like maybe A BOAT!!!!!

I can only thank God that F-Troop was around at the same time to more accurately shape my world views otherwise I might be bull-goose whacked like the rest of you. Well except for Bill of course. Mostly.

Hey Bill, you did a real good job in feigning disinterest in my help!

Lee

4 TAC infusions
life is still on hold
Old 05-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #30
hutchibk

I think the Professor was McGyver's uncle, no?

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #31
Bill

Hucklebuck, that's right! The professor was Mcgyver's uncle! And Becky, there's that age-old debate "Ginger or Maryanne", "Maryanne or Ginger"? Bad boy Bill says there's something to be said for those tight jeans Maryanne always wore, and that Yassir Arafat tablecloth type shirt she always wore, she was cute, I'll give her that, but Ginger really knew how to work it. And, Lee, maybe I should feign interest in your help, because while it's true that I have about a hundred girl friends, at any given moment about fifty of them are pissed off at me.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #32
hutchibk

How weird is it that Bill-Lee, Lee-Bill (if indeed they are one in the same) are counseling theirself (themselves?). One alter ego counseling the other. Almost sounds like the basis for a Law and Order episode.

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~

Old 05-26-2008, 02:27 PM   #33
Colleens_Husband

Okay, you suckered me in. Now I have no choice to start the First Annual Her2 Support Group Gilligan's Island Trivia Challenge. The first person who answers all questions correctly wins absolutely nothing. Okay, I will donate $50 to the Her2 Support Group in the winner's name. Except if Bill wins, then I might as well use my own name.

1) What were the following characters full names (or as full as were ever given):
Mrs. Howell
The Skipper
The Professor
Mary Anne
Gilligan (Its a trick question)

2) Why was the boat called 'The minnow'?

3) What was Mary Anne's home town. (Hint: It wasn't Horner's Corner.)

4) Who played the "Jungle Boy"?

5) What was the name of The Mosquito's drummer?

To win, just post the answers. It's okay to work together. The purpose of this is to have some fun.

Good Luck!

4 TAC infusions
life is still on hold
Old 05-26-2008, 02:37 PM   #34
hutchibk

Jonas Grumby (Skipper)

Roy Hinkley (The Professor)
Thurston Howell III (Mr. Howell)
"Lovey" Howell (Mrs. Howell) (aka Eunice Wentworth)
Ginger Grant (Ginger)
Mary Ann Summers (Mary Ann)
Gilligan's first name was never used in the show, but producer Sherwood Schwartz said that if Gilligan had a first name, it would have been Willie.

It was named after Newton Minnow, then Chairman of the FCC - who called television a "vast wasteland."

Reno, Nevada

Kurt Russell

Bingo

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~

Last edited by hutchibk; 05-26-2008 at 02:39 PM..
Old 05-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #35
Bill

Wow, Hucklebuck! You go girl! That would be a good Law and Order episode. Nice idea for a contest, Lee. I gotta feeling I'll be splitting the 50 dollar donation with you. Please don't do stuff like that anymore. We have alot of ringers in this group.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:41 PM   #36
PinkGirl

Smile

My answers:

1)Eunice (Lovey) Wentworth Howell (Mrs. Howell)
Jonas Grumby (The Skipper)
Roy Hinkley Jr. Ph.D (The Professor)
Mary Anne Summers (Mary Anne)
Willy Gilligan - name was never used

2) S.S. Minnow was named after Newton Norman Minow former
chairman of the Federal Communications Commission who "trashed"
television.

3) Mary Anne's home town was Winfield, Kansas

4) Jungle Boy was played by Kurt Russell

5) The Mosquito's drummer was Kirby Johnson (Irving)

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album

Last edited by PinkGirl; 05-26-2008 at 04:19 PM..
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #37
Bill

Uh oh, the game is still afoot. I think the drummer's name was "Bongo".
Old 05-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #38
Soccermom

Hey ...Whats with all the "Marcia Brady" stuff?
Glad to see some fun happening around here! Been gone a couple of weeks and missed you all...
Ah ...Newton Minow who referred to television as the "vast wasteland"...truer words were never spoken...
Good to be back,Marcia
OOps, just saw Hutchi already stated that...
Soccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:40 PM   #39
harrie

Whats going on??!!

Hi Marcia! Good to have you back with us again!
Where were you anyways?

BBB....just catching up on this thread you started. Sounds like you are having some serious identity confusion with one of our friends here?! Could it have anything to do with YOU being on practically every hour and every day with significant amts of sleep deprivation inbetween?
OR maybe you are correct in that psychic experience you had and you just found your "yin"!! Bill/Lee**yin/yang**....
Or have you been tricking us along along and you are really Bill and Colleen's husband... HUH???

ANd...learned something new about you too....you have a Brady Bunch girl doll in your closet??? Gee, maybe it is high time you started your own profile so we can learn even MORE about you!! Sounds very interesting!

But whatevers...we still love you...Billeeeee.
C-ya...

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:16 PM   #40
Colleens_Husband

Man, you girls are good at this. Hutchibk had every answer correct except for May Anne's home town. Dawn Wells was born in Reno, Nevada but Mary Anne was from Winfield, Kansas. Pink Girl got everything right except or Bingo being the drummer. So I guess the combined effort between the two of them is the winning entry. The check will be in the mail at my first opportunity.

And now the challenge question.........

In the opening title sequence of Gilligan's Island, a flag is flying at half-mast. Why?

Bill:

The most important thing I learned when I was getting my degree in psychology was this:

It is perfectly okay and natural to talk to yourself.

It may be okay to argue with yourself.

You are in trouble if you need to ask yourself to repeat what you just said to yourself.

I hope that will be useful in our future conversations.

Remember, one in three Americans has some sort of debilitating mental disorder. Look at your two closest friends. If they are alright then.............

Lee

4 TAC infusions
life is still on hold