HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2005, 04:46 AM   #1
*_Christine MH_*

BCIRG Sanofi Aventis Press Release

A new regime, herceptin, carboplatin, and taxotere followed by a year of herceptin was 39% more effective than the control treatment AC->taxotere in preventing recurrences, while AC->taxotere+herceptin was 55% more effective in preventing recurrences than the control treatment. This is an interim analysis and it is not clear at this time whether the difference between the two experimental arms is statistically significant, although it appears that the taxotere + herceptin + carboplatin arm has not experienced more problems with cardiotoxicity than the control arm, which did not receive herceptin. This is an ongoing analysis and an improvement in overall survival has not yet been demonstrated. More details will come out in San Antonio in December.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:51 AM   #2
*_Christine MH_*

Oh, I should add that the AC->(taxotere+herceptin) was also followed by a year of herceptin.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:59 PM   #3
athena453

Smile

My onc has me on taxotere, carboplatin and herceptin for at least a year (pending Hera results) following AC for stage 3C. I could not have been happier when these results were published.
AM
athena453 is offline   Reply With Quote