HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-23-2004, 04:45 PM   #1
imported_Joe

I received this from the National Institute of Health.

Regards
Joe

Input Wanted to Improve Cancer Clinical Trials System

Earlier this year, NCI Director Andrew von Eschenbach established the Clinical Trials Working Group (CTWG), a broadly constituted panel with researchers from academia and industry, advocates, and patients, to advise the Institute on issues concerning NCI-supported cancer clinical trials.

We believe the best way to optimize the cancer clinical trial system is to modify our existing system in a variety of ways to remove the barriers to participation and scientific advancement. We can't do that, however, until you--people who conduct clinical trials, cancer patients and family members, referring physicians, and all other people and organizations whose participation is necessary--help us identify those parts of the system that prevent your optimal participation.

The CTWG has developed an interactive web site to solicit input from various public stakeholders in the cancer clinical trials system, including you. Please go to the web site--http://ncicbforums.nci.nih.gov/ictQuestions/login_form--and provide us with your insights today. The website will ask you to log in by choosing from a menu a description that best identifies the group you represent. All responses will be confidential. In addition, you will be required to enter the following password--CTWGstakeholder--prior to providing us with your thoughts. (The password is also given on the log-in page.)

The web site addresses the following areas:

Standardization of clinical trial procedures and infrastructure

Coordination of clinical trials across Cancer Centers, SPORES, PO1s, and Cooperative Groups

Enhancing interactions between the clinical research community, NCI, the pharmaceutical industry, FDA, regulatory agencies, and patient advocates

Developing core facilities to improve scientific support for trials

Improving clinical trial accrual management

Refining the protocol prioritization process

Please go to the CTWG Web site TODAY, so we can learn your perspective on these critical issues. Encourage others to provide us with input, too, by forwarding our web site address and password. The website will be closed for feedback on January 15, 2005.

Thank you,

James H. Doroshow, M.D.
Chair, CTWG

Director, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis

National Cancer Institute

Bldg. 31; Room 3A44

31 Center Drive

Bethesda, MD 20892

ncicbwebmaster@mail.nih.gov
Old 12-26-2004, 06:11 PM   #2
*_anne_*

Hello everyone,
My father just told me about some private companies making Her2 vaccines. He said it is being given somewhere in NJ or in the Mayo Clinic at a cost of $14000.00 per shot (series of 2). Has anyone tried or heard of this. I don't know what kind of FDA approval they have since this is so experimental. My mom's onc. is pretty anti-vaccine until something is definetively proven so I would love to get some scientific explanation.

Thanks,
Anne
Old 12-27-2004, 05:17 PM   #3
Lolly

Joe, I had technical problems with the NCI site...
I logged on and read a few of the questions, felt qualified to answer a few but after submitting only one answer ran into formatting trouble when trying to return to the page of questions. I had to shut down my computer and re-start to get it to run properly again. Did you have any problems? I'm reluctant to try again.

Love, Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 05:43 PM   #4
imported_Joe

Lolly,
I answered a few and had no problems. Did you select "back" or "main page" ?

I think Main Page is the proper selection.

Regards
Joe