HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 02-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #21
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Oh You...

Okay, Marlys. Now you're just showing off. Putting those giraffe in for good measure. WEB PAGE THUMBNAIL -- that's the missing key!

Those children are darling! Ages and names please. Enjoy them. Do they think you're funny getting all excited over a stuffed hamster and a tiger?? My grandkids were amused by my glee. But they joined right in!

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #22
Bill

Awesome pictures, Marly. It sounds like you guys are having a great time. Love, Bill
(whispering defiantly, "spring IS right around the corner")
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #23
Marlys

The names are Dillon, 11 years old, Derek, 9 years old, and Drew (middle name is Ozzie) age 7. I also have a beautiful granddaughter named Bailey, age 8! These pictures were taken at Baileys 5th birthday party. Theyreally aren't that current.However, they still look like this except Derek now has his front teeth. They all live here in Boise so I can enjoy them all the time.
And Bill, knock it off about spring. We,who are used to 1/2 inch of snow once a year, are suffering through a new storm every night so that Tiptoe & Tex think that all I do is shovel snow!!!
Andi, I haven't met anyone who has not enjoyed TipToe & Tex
and in fact members of my A.A. group were almost as excited about their visit as I was.. Also one of my oncology nurses has been following the threads since they started because she thinks the idea was delightful. The grandkids have not met the twosome yet but they will.
Love & hugs ,
Marlys
Attached Images

Marlys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #24
PinkGirl

Smile

Thanks Marlys - very cute grandkids. They
are going to love Tip and Tex ... more pics I hope.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:58 AM   #25
Marlys

Sleep Over!!

We had a sleep over last nite and watched T.V. til midnite. Marlys & Kim(her daughter in law)went to bed early. Marlys made peanut butter cookies and we all ate til we were stuffed. Here are some pictures.
Love & hugs,
TipToe (& Tex)
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #26
PinkGirl

Hi Marlys
You and your daughter-in-law were sure brave to have
a sleep-over with 5 kids. I hope Tip and Tex behaved
and played nicely with your grandkids.

I have to ask, in the pictures, who is at the top of the bed on the pillows?

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 02-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #27
Marlys

Pepe!

Oh, that's my youngest child, Pepe. He is a Bichon Frese(sp?) He is 10 years old and really loves kids. ( In fact he loves anyone who comes to the door.) Here are more pictures of him. I haven't introduced him formally to the kids because I am afraid he might grab one and run outside with her/him. I plan to get pictures of the bikers today and will then send the twosome on to Laurie.
Love & hugs,
Marlys
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2008, 03:35 PM   #28
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink

Great pictures Maryls! Thanks or sharing!

Your Bichon would love my Maltese boys I bet.
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Old 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM   #29
Marlys

Not quite riding but getting close!

Marlys let us sit on a couple of HOGS today & we are promised the ride tomorrow.
TipToe
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #30
PinkGirl

Smile

Hi Marlys
Thanks for the cute pictures. They look so tiny
on those big bikes.

I was wondering if Tex has a passport. I know
Tippy has one from China but I'm not sure about
Tex (I haven't met him yet). He'll need one when
they leave the States.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 02-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #31
Marlys

Andi's right!!! I just can't help showing off!!! However, I think these pictures are just precious!! And so do Tip & Tex.
Love & hugs,
Marlys, TipToe, & Tex
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #32
PinkGirl

Smile

Oh Marlys - that's the spirit! A before and after picture of the kids getting into some milk and cookies.

Very, very cute - I can almost hear them letting out
a big burp! It looks like they were quite neat with
their little snack - left the crumbs on the plate, no
milk mustaches - very cute pictures. And like good
little kids they finished all of their milk.

I always knew Tiptoe would be a nice house
guest. It's just nice to actually see the proof.

Thanks.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 02-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #33
Marlys

Well, here are the last pictures I will have of the kids. I will be sending them on this afternoon and we are sure going to miss them. They got their ride on the Harley although you can't see Tex in the pictures. They had a great time and I think Ed, did too. He is the Sober Rider.
Love & hugs,
Marlys, TipToe, & Tex
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #34
Andrea Barnett Budin

Wink

I'D RECOGNIZE TIP'S TAIL ANYWHERE. HOW ADORABLE! YOU'RE A WONDERFUL HOSTESS MARYLS. THANKS FOR CARING FOR OUR BABES. MAY THEY LEAVE HAPPY HEALING ENERGY BOUNCING AROUND YOUR HOME FOR A LONG TIME TO COME...

Andi

Old 02-14-2008, 07:54 PM   #35
PinkGirl

Marlys, thank you so much for hosting the
kids. I can see from the pictures that they
had a great time. Also, thanks for posting
the pictures for all of us Tip/Tex fans to
see.

I know it's hard to send them on their way.
I was a nervous wreck until I knew that Tiptoe
had safely arrived in Boca Raton. I had visions
of her stuck at the border, going through customs,
not having the necessary papers ... I know that
you too will worry about them until they arrive
at Laurie's place in Ohio.

Thanks for keeping us up to date with their activities,
and I hope you aren't too sad when they leave.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 11-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #36
Marlys

Re: Tiptoe & Tex Arrive In Idaho

Bringing this forward in case anyone would like to see the pictures of Tip & Tex's adventure in Idaho. There are several more theads in this section about their visits to others on this site.
Love & hugs,
Marlys
Old 11-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #37
notamrnpsn

Re: Tiptoe & Tex Arrive In Idaho

Thanks for bringing this up. I often think of them and wonder if they are still travelling? Also has anyone heard from Pink girl? Jeanette
notamrnpsn is offline   Reply With Quote