Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
StephN

"Living while waiting" - me too

I am taking a "page" from Andi BB's "book."

Refer to this thread if you have not read it:
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38972

One of the later posts in that thread has Andi discussing watching her tumor markers spike and wondering if she has lost her bet that she could remain NED going off years of Herceptin therapy.

I am one of those who also has had a long enough run staying NED on Herceptin alone and have decided to plunge into the future without my trusty Vitamin H.

The reason I stopped Herceptin in the first place was because my MUGA had a drop of 9 points, so at my December 2008 consult, decided for a Herceptin Holiday. All was well in March, so am going for another 3 months' "holiday." My last MUGA had an increase by 5 points, but I would like a higher number. Normal range, but on the low side.

My brain MRI last week showed no disease there, so I go another 6 months on that one. (Like Flori - still NED in my head!) I have body and DEXA scans in June, and will assess again.

It is very hard to believe that I could actually be "cured," as this is not supposed to happen to the likes of us stage IV types. However, as Andi says, "adapt or perish," or words of that effect, according to Darwin. So, it is that I have yet another adaptation in trying to live with my main security blanket removed - yet at arm's reach should I want or need it. This feels sort of like jumping into the ocean without a life preserver ...

In the meantime, I am trying to put some order in all the files and things that just got "stashed" all during my life in cancerland. It is taking me a long time, because there is so much to go through and I can only concentrate on this for an hour or so at a time. It is like revisiting a life that was someone else's!

Sorry this is a bit long, but I wanted to explain myself a little.

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.

Last edited by StephN; 05-06-2009 at 09:22 AM..
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:46 AM   #2
schoolteacher

Stephanie,

I am glad to hear your good news. Hope you have a good day. It is raining in Georgia. It is suppose to be stormy today.

How is your packing for your trip going?

Amelia
schoolteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:15 AM   #3
Mary Jo

Thanking God and sending you HIGH 5'S!
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:21 AM   #4
WomanofSteel

Steph, it is always scary when we lose our security blanket. You have come a long way and I applaud you for your courageous fight. I think if I were in your shoes I would be doing the same thing. As wonderful as herceptin is, I think your body needs some time to heal and detox on its own. Like you said, you know it is there waiting for you if you need it. So, get as organized as you like and live your life to the fullest girlfriend!
bcs 8/4/03
bcs 8/21/03 0/16 nodes
tx 4x ca 36 rad tam
postmenopausal 06 aromasin
sept 07 biopsy node in neck
muga/pet/cat/bone mets to lungs nodes and liver stage iv
tx hki-272
tx not working switched to taxol herceptin
Taxol not working switched to navelbine
navelbine is causing bad neuropathy
starting gemzar
gemzar quit on me now on Ixempra due to increasing number and size of liver mets
another progression starting tykerb/xeloda
WomanofSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:33 AM   #5
tricia keegan

Steph,

A brave move but an important one I agree, I hope you continue to do well without your vit h and am so glad it's good news for you
Long may it continue, and re a cure, who know's???
Anything is possible!
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:37 AM   #6
Lori R

Dear Steph,
I am sooo happy for you. You've lead the way in so many regards. Each time you post and I read your signature I am encouraged. There is it is...a Stage IV survivor!!

Each step of the way I've seen you try new and different things to remain healthy. (mega doses of Vitamin D) It has obviously worked. I am sure that using your instincts along with the expertise of your Dr., this is the right decision for you.

I hope you are setting aside all those old cancer related items that are no longer necessary and build a big bonfire.

Please keep us posted as you remain an inspiration to so many of us!!

Lori
Node + 2/14 - Single Liver Met
Double Mastectomy
Nov - Begin T+H
Feb-Complete 6 cycles- T&H- NED
March - Continue - Herceptin Only
April - Rads for 6 weeks
Continue Herceptin - Continue NED
April - Recurrance- 3 cm. Liver Met
May - Cryosurgery
June - November - Abraxane + Herceptin
Aug - PET/CT - CTC = 0 Back to NED
January - Continue NED
July - Recurrance - 3 cm Liver Met CTC=1
August - Cryosurgery #2
August - November Navelbine
November - Back to NED - End Navelbine
Feb - Recur - 4 cm Liver Met - Same Left Lobe
March Surgery it is -Couldn't get a clean margin
July - Confirmed continued liver involvement
August - Begin Herceptin + Tykerb
October - Mixed results from H+T
Add Abraxane + H + T - Nov - April
January PET Scan - It's working!!
April - Back to NED
July - Recurrance
August - Begin TDM-1 Trial (Taxol + TDM-1)
Lori R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:23 AM   #7
Diane H

Sounds like a great decision, and a brave one. I hear you on the files and the need to catch up and organize and am cheering you on, Hugs, Diane
Diane H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:35 AM   #8
Ceesun

Best wishes for continued remission, Steph. You know there are options out there should you need that again. May God Bless. Ceesun
Ceesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #9
Shobha

Dear Steph,

You are such an inspiration for us. I am relatively new in this battle and feel so encouraged when I read your experiences, struggles and winning attitude.

I pray that you are cured and will have no problems without herceptin! God bless!

hugs,
shobha
BRCA 1 and 2 - Negative
Jan 2008 - Bilateral mastectomy, prophylactic Rt. side.
Radiation for 5 weeks
Completed my yr of herceptin on 07-14-2008
Brain MRI - 3/2/09 Clean
Shobha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:27 AM   #10
RhondaH

Wink Prayers...

that your waters will be still. Take care and God bless...

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #11
jml

Hi Steph~
Still inspired, motivated and encouraged by you, your outlook & your example.
You were one of my 1st confidantes here, when I was dx'd 7 years ago. You & Lolly -i still miss her - & so many others have encouraged me during the scary, uncertain times & helped me find my fight & my focus when I thought I couldn't any more. Until I found this community, I had yet to meet anyone "like me" - Stage IV, surviving. Here I found you & others like US, not just surviving, but THRIVING in the face of this disease.
We are changing the face of the Stage IV Survivor. And any positive response to treatment, how ever long, is a victory for all of us.
May you & NED continue on your journey together, far & long, until Cancerland is nothing but a tiny, blurry blip on the map of your adventures through this crazy Life!

Hugs to you,

Jessica

ps-we will still expect to see you here, with or without Vit H!

Dx - 5/17/2002 @33yo ;Stage IV - IDC + liver met;Lumpectomy, 12/12+nodes; er/pr-, Her2+++
Tx1 - Navelbine+Herceptin x 8 wks; No response, progression - single liver met to "innumerable/immeasureable"
Tx2 - ISIS 2504 - clinical trial x 6mos.Taxol + ISIS (continuous IV);partial response.
Tx3 - Taxol+Herceptin x 13 weeks; NED
NED 9/11/03-9/17/04, then single liver met recurrence.
9/04-Recurrence 1- Taxol+Herceptin x 4 weeks prior to RFA, but NED again, cxl RFA.
12/04 -Recurrence 2 - single liver met
1/05 - RFA - partial response
2/05 - Tx4 -Abraxane+Herceptin x 9 weeks;No response due to improper dosing(?)
3/05 - Tx5-Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin to NED again.
11/05 - Recurrence 3 - same single liver met
12/05 - Right hepatectomy-55% liver removed. Success. NED in liver ever since.
2/06 - Recurrence 4 -single lesion in L breast again
3/06 -excisional biopsy. 1cm IDC, extensive high grade DCIS.
No tx due to liver still healing post hepatectomy, follow with Herceptin & scans to keep an eye on DCIS
12/06- L mastectomy w/ reconstruction 3/07 & 8/07
10/07 - Recurrence 5 - Supraclav nodes
10/07-2/08 -Tx6 -Gemzar+Herceptin, til NED 3/08.
9/08 -Recurrence 6 -Supraclav nodes again.Rads1 - x 7wks
10/08 - Acute Renal Failure - ICU x4 days, hospital 1 week, stents in ureters/kidneys x 4mos.still no known cause???
10/08 - Recurrence 7 -Sternal nodes; but supraclav -NED
10/08-3/09-Tx7- repeat Gemzar+Herceptin; NED in 1/09; finish GH cycle to 3/09.
105 chemo infusions to date!
4/09 - PET scans shows Recurrence 8 in sternal nodes...progression while on GH cycle.
5/09 - Now what? Tykerb/Xeloda/Herceptin...still deciding.

Last edited by jml; 05-06-2009 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: typos
jml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #12
Ellie F

Dear Steph
I send my prayers to you for your remission and God willing cure.
You have been an inspiration to me during dark days since finding myself stage 4 with an unusual recurrence (according to my onc )and no research to outline how it may go.
Love Ellie
Ellie F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #13
Jackie07

It is both a relieve and a scary thing to have to stop treatment. Welcome to the club.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #14
Vi Schorpp

Steph

your "life in cancerland" has been more far-reaching and of benefit to so many than I think you'll ever know. You have always shared so much and were quick with a response to so many. You are one of the bravest people on this site and very generous of spirit. Good luck.
Her2++, ER & PR++
RB Mastectomy, 4 AC,
Vi Schorpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #15
RobinP

Hi, Steph, I am thrilled that you are doing well without vit. H. and pray that continues indefinately!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #16
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Smile Herceptin saga -- to be continued...

Yes, Steph, it's kind of scary out here. In uncharted waters. There are no studies on people like us. Long term Vit H users, 4th stagers who have redefined our class, defying the odds.

It's not so much like my security blanket has vanished, cause I must say I LOVE MY FREEDOM! And, I have been blessed to enjoy excellent results from my every 3 month blood tests and my every 6 month CT scans.

TUMOR MARKERS HAVE TAKEN A DIVE -- DOW TO 14 from 41. We are keeping a steady eye. Will recheck in 10 days.

I just feel *untethered*. Hanging out there in a parasail, blissed out on the beauty of Life but kind of without a net. On a tightrope, hoping I don't fall. Reaching for the trapeze bar over and over and praying I don't slip.

Congratulations on your good news. Enjoy your vacation. Get strong and have fun!

Maybe our bodies have *gotten over* our dysfunction. I won't call us cured. Just a word anyway. We've gained a lot of awareness and insight, vitamin and supplemented up, learned to de-stress in our personal styles (meditation/guided imagery works for me, along w/deep breathing). Maybe our bods have learned from what H has done for us, and can carry on, on their own!

Wayyyy back in the 70s I saw a PBS special on the MINDBODY CONNECTION. Relatively unheard then, they had me from the mere suggestion of the idea. I somehow KNEW what they were studying (in prestigious universities and hospitals)was right on.

A teenage girl had some terrible disease. She could only survive on this potent concoction. The docs knew she could not remain on this drug combo for long, but wouldn't be able to live without it. She was so young, and they wanted her to live a long life.

They slowly weaned her off the drug, using an extremely pungent rose smell w/each tx. Eventually, they gave her saline along with the strong rose scent! They created a kind of conditioned reflex. And lo and behold, she continued on doing well, w/only the smell of roses!

I never forgot that. The mind/body is a fascinating reality. We must learn to own it.

Stay well. Know that I am thinking of you. Oh, and thanks for the *plug*! I really think the original LIVING WHILE WAITING thread has some provocative ideas worth reading and pondering. You not only gave it a mention, you provided the link. You clever girl you!

BTW, Steph, your not plunging into the future -- you're SOARING!

I know that I was told when I recurred, in '98, that what I had was -- "INOPERABLE, INCURABLE, AND YOU WILL BE ON LONG TERM CHEMOTHERAPY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE". Devastating words to hear. Guess all I saw was that I was terminal. I expected to suffer mightily.

Much to my delight I worked my way up to the "easy" chemo -- Vit H. Got a "cautious remission" out of one of my 5 oncs and ran w/it! Got to keep my hair, after losing it twice. Had relatively few side effects.

So I am not so much done w/treatment as tentatively taking a hiatus, w/visions of permanence. Knowing well of the impermances within Life itself. Not to mention the roller coaster ride we call canserland.

If we need it, we can always return. But I sure am enjoying being on my own. I feel like THIS IS MY NOW! Just wish I could read a book about what happens next. Guess we're the ones they'll be writing about one day. I don't recall volunteering to be a guinea pig. Yet, here am I! And you!
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:57 AM   #17
jones7676

Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
It is always great to hear the positive words - you can pass so much of your good to so many people!

Actually, thanks to you and to Andi also on behalf of the whole crew of people out there who will be positive and inspired!

Even though I am not in the same "boat" your words often change a negative feeling into a positive....please don't ever stop!

I believe you will be fine.

10/03 Radical Mastectomy 3 cm tumor - 1/17 Nodes Stage II B, Her 2 +++ ER-/PR- 11/03 4 AC 4 Taxol 12/05 Stage IV - Lung met , Bone mets - Carbo, Taxotere, Herceptin 9/06 - 2 cm brain tumor 10/06 - Tumor removal surgery - Herceptin Halted 12/06 gamma knife tumor base.1/07 Navelbine/Herceptin 4/07 Rads to R femur 5/07 Stereotactic - new 2 cm brain tumor 4/07 Start Xeloda 5/07 Tykerb added 7/07 Brain MRI clean 10/07 .055 cm brain met found. 12/07 Stereotactic -1 cm brain tumor Start Tykerb 11/07 Abraxane/Herceptin 5/08 Cisplatin, Gemcitabine/Herceptin 6/08 Stereotactic to 1cm 9/08 Stereotactic repeat (growth). 11/08 Pet Scan Good but new tiny met on L lung/dead Brain surgery (no cancer cells found/scar tissue) 1/09 Chemo restarted 2/09 Pet Scan Bad - R larger very active/active L active lymph nodes both sides of chest MRI- mets slight increase 2/09 Start Doxil/Tykerb Treatment
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:40 AM   #18
Ellie F

Big thanks for your positive words,thoughts and wisdom.I so needed to hear then today as first day post first dose taxotere,herceptin and central line insertion. Been feeling a bit wimpy but am now back on track after reading your uplifting posts-the energy you have is awesome.
Love Ellie, far away in England but close in spirit
Ellie F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:48 AM   #19
Sheila

Steph
Lucky you....what it must feel like without the treatment "ball and chain"......I can only imagine what a life without going for treatments would be like....you give us hope for many stage IV's that all is possible!
What a role model you and Andi are!!!!

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:17 AM   #20
michka

Hi Steph, I understand that it is an important step. You do not often talk about yourself. You rather help others by giving information and hope. So if you wrote a long message it is because it is a difficult decision. Like letting go of an invisible hand that you believe protected you for so long. But this is a terrific step. It means that you are doing well and like Andy wrote "Maybe our bods have learned from what H has done for us, and can carry on, on their own!". And this makes me very happy for you. Hugs. Michka

12.2010 Mets to liver,Herceptin+Tykerb
03.2011 Liver resection ER+70% PR-
04.2011 Herceptin+Navelbine+750mg Tykerb
06.2011 Liver ned, Met to sternum. Added Zometa 09.2011 Cyberknife for sternum
11.2011 Pet clear. Stop Navelbine, continuing on Hercpetin+Tykerb+Aromasin
02.2012 Mets to lungs, nodes, liver
04.2012 TDM1, Ned in 07.2012
04.2015 Stop TDM1/Kadcyla, still Ned, liver problems
04.2016 Liver mets. Back on Kadcyla
08.2016 Kadcyla stopped working. mets to liver lungs bones
09.2016 Biopsy to liver. no more HER2, still ER+
09.2016 CMF Afinitor/Aromasin/ Xgeva.Met to eye muscle Cyberknife