HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
Kmswilson

Checking in!

It's been a while since I've posted, so I just wanted to check in. My one-year anniversary of initial diagnosis and subsequent stage IV diagnosis a few days later just passed in January. My onc said other than losing my hair and a few pounds, I look exactly the same, so that's a good thing!

At the beginning of December, my scans showed significant progression in my liver again, so the Navelbine/Herceptin combo was being outsmarted by this damn cancer again. I started AC on 12/5, and I've had three cycles and just had scans on 1/30. I'll get the results this coming Monday (2/6). My liver enzymes have dropped down into normal, and my ca 27/29 went from 292 to 159 a couple of weeks before scans, so I'm optimistic that scans will show regression! I'm also feeling much better. Less nausea, more appetite and energy.

In the last week, I have had some pains on my right side and some nausea, which in the past have indicated my liver mets are "acting up", but I'm praying the cancer is just being beat up in there! In the past, I've had no appetite, too, but so far I'm still eating pretty well!

The AC is really rough for a full seven days. But, on the 8th day, I feel the fog lift and I've been able to enjoy the second and third week of each cycle for the most part (except for being stuck in the house during week two because of my counts)!

Anyway, I never asked (because I haven't wanted to know statistics, they are not ME, they are averages, etc.), so I don't really know my initial prognosis, but I know by the tones of my surgeon and onc that it wasn't good. However, I'm still here 13 months later, which feels great. And I plan to be here for a good, long time yet! This site is a blessing. It educates, it provides empathy and compassion, it supports, and it really is a God-send. I'm so appreciative of finding it and all of you who post on here. Much love and prayers to all who need them!
12/27/10 - IDC, rt breast (approx. 15 cm), lymph nodes, age 36. 1/7/11 - stage 4 IDC, extensive liver mets, Bone mets (spine, sacrum, rib, sternum, upper arm), ER-/PR-, HER2+++; 1/12/11 - port, 1/17/11- startweekly Taxol/Herceptin, monthly Zometa
3/8/11- decrease in all tumors, bones healing. 3/11- 3 wks on/1 off Taxol/Herceptin, +Zometa
6/6/11 - decrease in all tumors, healing bones, 2-4 new liver lesions. 3 wks on/1 wk off Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin, +Zometa
7/29/11 - liver progression, others stable; 8/11-drop taxol/carbo, start Navelbine
12/11 - liver progression; begin AC, drop Herceptin;
1/12 - liver enzymes normal, 2/6 results show regression in liver, stable others, but 9 tiny brain mets (largest 7 mm). Begin 13 WBRs 2/6; 2/29-start Tykerb, 3/7, start Xeloda
5/2012- liver progression and regression, liver biopsy confirms HER2+++. drop Xeloda, start Herceptin, Tykerb, Zometa.
5/2012- brain MRI shows all lesions gone except 1, 2mm shrinking!
Kmswilson is offline   Reply With Quote