HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2004, 12:24 AM   #1
Kitty

The University of Washington School of Medicine (Seattle) is enrolling 20 people into their newest clinical trial involving the her2/neu vaccine given in conjunction with herceptin. The trial is ""Phase I-II Study of Combination Immunotherapy for the Generation of HER2/neu (HER2) Specific Cytotoxic T Cells (CTL) in vivo. This vaccine has already been given in Phase I trials and produced some immune response. This trial will combine with herceptin to see if that enhances the immune response" but will be the first time the combination has been tried. At any rate it is very exciting and I know there were many who were interested in the initial trial that were excluded because of herceptin - here's your chance. Contact: Andrea York 206.616.9538 or email: ay5@u.washington.edu for further information.
Kitty
Old 04-01-2004, 06:43 AM   #2
Andrea

NOW OPEN TO ENROLLMENT!
This study is for women who are stage IV on herceptin who are HLA-A2. Don't know if you're HLA-A2? Talk to your doctor; this is not a routine test. Get tested and see if you qualify.
Call me/write for more info: 206-616-9538
Old 06-24-2004, 06:41 AM   #3
Esther

Thanks Kitty and Andrea! I spoke with Andrea York and I will be having the blood test done to see if I qualify for this study. It sounds really exciting!