HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2004, 01:44 PM   #1
Hope

Well, just when I thought was kinda seeing a little hope out there fore me, I found out Thursday, through a chest x-ray that my lung lesions are gowing again. I had been on Xeloda and Gemzar for 2 months and that caused a 50% overall shrinkage on lung mets, but now here I go again. Apparently, this chemo has also stopped working. I have been on 7 chemos in 2 years. Those of you with lung mets, what else is out there for me? Do any of you know of any new chemos out there or clinical trials. I am having a CT this week to get more info and will let you know what else I find out. I am really feeling depressed and scared because I feel there are no more chemos out there that I haven't tried. Please keep me in your prayers. Any help or websites to try will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:13 PM   #2
jeff

Hello Hope,

So sorry to hear that your news was not good.

Here are a few things that are being tested in trials right now. Some are site-dependent and some depend on what chemo you've had so far. But if you go to cancer.gov and follow the clinical trials link you can find info on:

gw572016 (oral targeted therapy)

herceptin+iressa

imatinib (gleevec)

flavopiridol

erlotinib (tarceva) being tested with avastin (bevacizumab)

ixabepilone

alimta

tipifarnib (zarnestra)

irinotecan

Good luck.
Best,
Jeff
Old 10-05-2004, 06:55 AM   #3
Hope

Thanks Jeff for your help. My daughter and I will do some research on this. I know the first one you list is now closed. My onc. was going to offer it to me but since I was doing well with Xeloda/Gemzar at the time, I didn't take it. I don't know now if it is to late to enter it. I'll haveto ask my onc. But she had told me that it was closed. Thanks again for your help. God bless you.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:08 AM   #4
Ruth

Hope,

My prayers are with you during this difficult time. I can't give you any advice on this topic since I have not been there. I know that many of these lovely women and men will be here to help.

Keep the faith.
Ruth
Old 10-05-2004, 08:11 AM   #5
Lisai

Hope,

Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe they're back. I don't have any chemo advice for you, but I would check with Dr. David Martin. His e-mail is dmmd@bch.org. He's the co-creator of CyberKnife. He told me this was an effective technique for several organs, but I don't remember whether he mentioned lungs.

Let me know Lisa Lowe gave you his e-mail address. He's really good about answering quickly. Or call him at Rocky Mountain Cyberknife Center. 303-938-5353.

Love and healing light friend,

Lisa
Old 10-05-2004, 01:42 PM   #6
Lolly

Hope, I'll be thinking of you as you get through this crisis, and you will get through it. The CT will give you and your docs the information you need to make the necessary adjustments to your treatment program, and you'll be on the road to beating it back again. Keep us posted, and know we're pulling for you.

Love, Lolly
Old 10-06-2004, 10:53 AM   #7
Cathy W

Oh Hope, I just saw your post. I am sorry. What have you been on? Have you discussed clinical trials with your onc?
Old 10-06-2004, 12:01 PM   #8
janelle

Hope,
You know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. You are a sweetheart and I think of you often.

hugs,
janelle