HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-20-2006, 03:32 AM   #1
Carol H

I have been on Herceptin 2 and a half years and my MUGA scans seem to fine - around 63 at the moment - and yes I also get alot of muscle aches and pains and in Scotland there isn't as much available treatment as in the USA but I receive intravenously a Biophosphate treatment called Pimmidranate every 3 weeks which does help but about 10 days afterwards all the pains come back particulary in my ankles and knees but am glad the Herceptin is keeping me alaive - although my GP has arranged an XRay of my ankles as the wear and tear on them is quite severe and not sure if Herceptin caused this or the cancer spread to my bones or brought on early stages of Arthritis - I am only 37 but feel I have the body of much older person.

Not sure if this helps but you women in America seem to be far more aware of all your treatments and have much better information on your disease and a better life expectancy than us Scottish women.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:34 PM   #2
Marily

Hello my Scottish Friend,
Thank you for commenting on Herceptin side effects. I am keeping a log to take to California with me.. I have a friend who had alot of discomfort in her ankles, she also was on a lot of chemo during the past years, so ? who knows where the pain came from. Do you have numbness along with the pain? Has your Dr done an MRI scan to check Your bones? Sometimes it is very hard to determine where the pain comes from... When I get achey I sit in hot water either in the bathtub or hot tub.. that seems to decrease the pain..
wish I could help more ... My friend used pain meds to keep her going.. and actually I cover up my aches with a pain pill also.. called Ketoprofin a non steroidal anti-inflamatory.. lol.. I wish we had spell check on here ... I take that or I feel like and old woman... it helps alot... but I have to have my liver functions checked every three months to watch for dammage so far I have been fine on it for over 6 years.. I also keep moving but with a much less strenuous exercise regime.. chi gong, tae chi, walking.. I found if I sit I get stiffer so I go easily.. Can't jump around like I used to do.. and I really don't want to anyhow ... take care, Marily
Marily is offline   Reply With Quote