HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-12-2007, 06:34 AM   #21
MJo

Adopt A Hamster

In gratitude, maybe we should all adopt a hamster and give it a wonderful life. At my cancer center you can buy a brick for a pathway in memory of a loved one, in honor of a family or loved one, etc. I told my oncologist I am going to buy a brick and write "With gratitude to laboratory rats." Those of us who received taxol could all plant a ewe tree in our yards and raise a castor bean garden.

IDC, Stage I, Grade 2
Oncotype DX Score 32
Her2++ E+P+, Node Neg.
Lumpectomy 11/04/05 Clear Margins
3 Dose dense AC (Couldn't tolerate 4)
4 Dose dense Taxol & Herc. (Tolerated well)
36 weeks Herceptin (Could not complete one year due to decrease in MUGA score)
2 years of Arimidex, then three years of Femara
Finished Femara May 2011
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #22
PinkGirl

Talking Wow..lots of info

Thanks Brenda, for all the Chinese hamster info. I guess we should all become educated about the little rodents because, as Andi mentioned, the little critters are keeping us alive. Taking on hamster characteristics is a small price to pay. Just think, if we had all this info earlier, it would have explained so much........the pre-meds for hamster allergies, the hamster whiskers we are all growing, our nocturnal habits and craving cheese and crackers. I wonder if those little hamsters eat during the night - I do.
I was relieved to read that the Chinese hamster is active for short times during the day - just like me! I wonder if they have any pre-disposition to compulsive/obsessive behaviour -- I can't seem to drag myself away from this thread!!!

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:50 AM   #23
hutchibk

They are nocturnal - do you think that could explain the sleeplessness from Herceptin? LOL

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:15 PM   #24
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Talking HAMCEPTIN...! That's a good one!

HAMCEPTIN! I love that, Brenda! Thanks for all the juicy facts re Chinese hamsters. I eat a turkey and Virginia HAM sandwich for lunch very often. Hmmm... Any connection there, ya think? I do believe that I have been obsessive/compulsive since foever. Long before Hamceptin, but -- my memory cannot be relied on, I have grimly learned. I adore laughing w/all you gals! Humor is the only way to face this dastardly disease.

After my mastectomy I found myself wondering if I could still do the breast stroke? I swear, the thought occurred suddenly. I pondered if I could still wear a double-breasted jacket. And, I was literally shocked to find that when I went for my mammography, post mastec, I was rewarded w/a bargain rate! UNILATERAL mammog??? You've got to be kidding me. You're not going to check my new tram flap breast?????? *I* think of that boob as a boob. *They* apparently think of it as *stomach tissue* I reported to Paul, astounded by the revelation. I asked him -- does that mean if GOD FORBID A HUNDRED GEZILLION TIMES they found canser in my left breast, I'd have *stomach canser*?????? Paul and I had a good laugh over that!!

BTW -- while in NY 9/5-10 I had my every 6 mnth transvaginal pelvic sonogram. AND MY OVARIES WERE PRONOUNCED *BEAUTIFUL*! THE very nicest compliment I have ever received!! And all else "looks the same", which is a good thing. A very good thing. Going for Hamceptin Fri... Have a rotten cold. Am always amazed when I get one, which is not often (but I did just fly in a petri dish of germs and stagnant air) that *JUST* a cold can feel so awwwwful! I am beyond fatigued (which is my new normal in genl). Low FOR ME red blood cell count and no more Aranesp, as I've been boosted by since '98, unless I dip below 11. Or is it now 10? 13-15 works for me, but it is a distant memory and an unattainable dream now I suppose. Such scary reports. Cancer center is being extremely careful. And besides, they tell me -- I'm not a chemo patient. I go to the chemo room and am accessed by a chemo nurse but I am receiving a *monoclonal antibody*. I get that. So, where is the monoclonal antibody room anyway??? And why don't they respect my low energy?! Well, we're all tired, they tell me. I get dressed and I need to lie down. Oh. I'm not *that* tired, I'm told w/fresh recognition. But soon they forget.

Going ev 3 wks for my Hamceptin is a joy, despite the fact that it is given at the canser center and I am surrounded by chemo patients who are where I was several X. My compassion for them is enormous, naturally. I realize that I am the healthiest patient in the room, for the most part. I am daily humbly grateful for that *gift*, to be sure! But, I am still a bc survivor who faces the bc drama all day, every day. True, I choose to do it generally w/joy and serenity, but still...

You know me -- always long-winded, w/much to share. Sorry if I'm digressing/rambling, but...
Had a stationery bike that I moved from Manhasset, Long Island to Boca and finally gave away. It remained stationery at all times. But now I'm thinking I'd love a WHEEL to tread, all of a sudden, upon reading this hilarious, yet informative, thread!
LET'S KEEP ON SMILING LADIES! It's the only route to joy and wellness I am sure. LAUGHING OUT LOUD every day is mandatory to NED. Just love y'all!!
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #25
PinkGirl

Lightbulb ten speed bike

I didn't even make the connection until I read Andi's post about her stationery bike being stationery all the time. About a month ago, I purchased a new bike. I didn't know what came over me, to want to spin some wheels around. Now I know -- it's the hamster in me. So much is coming to light now that I know what was shot into my veins for a year.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 09-12-2007, 02:05 PM   #26
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Talking hehehehe!!

I LOVE ALL OF YOU SILLY GIRLS, THIS POST GAVE ME THE CHUCKLES I YEARNED FOR TODAY (I LAUGHED OUT LOUD)!!! IT ALSO LEARNED ME SOMETHIN'!!

KEEP SMILING MY LOVES, I WILL UPDATE YOU TOMORROW. UNTIL THEN I AM HEADING OUT FOR SOME QUICK ERRANDS SO I CAN ENJOY THE CANDLES I LIGHT EVERY DAY AND NIGHT FOR ALL OF US.

SILLY GIRLS!!!!

HUGS, PRAYERS AND PEACEFUL THOUGHTS GOING OUT TO YOU ALL!!

Eternally Grateful For Each & Every One Of You.>>Believe51

P.S. Flori, think you could get your hands on the recipe?? I am a vegetarian but I am open to new recipes!! LOL

and Brenda, that explains my whiskers!! (thought it was due to my hysterectomy!!) LOL
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #27
PinkGirl

Smile Thought of something else

Congratulations Andi on having your ovaries declared beautiful. I hope you realize that you can't take all the credit for them.... now that you know you are being injected with hamster ovaries... most likely your ovaries have been affected or enhanced in some way by the hamsters. Sorry you have to get your hamceptin in the chemo room and not in a monoclonal antibody room. Maybe we should be requesting our treatments be done in the hamster/rat lab -- that way the Chinese hamster ovaries will be nice and fresh.... Good night

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 09-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #28
Joanne S

CHO Side-Effects

dance the night away!
Feb12,2007...Surg MRM Left & SM Right, reconstruct w/expanders
Mar07-Jun07...Saline Exp
Jun07...Start Tamoxifen
Jun07-Aug07...Rad x 25
Jun07-Oct07...Persistent fevers-unknown origin
Jun07-Nov07...PT for Severe PMPS & Capsular Contracture
Nov07...Surg Capsulectomy, Gel Implants, PMPS pain gone instantly.
Feb08...NED 1st CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Feb08...2 months post surgery Caps Cont again :(
Mar08...Stop Tamoxifen. Start Arimidex.
Apr08...Sudden high fever, Hosp ICU 10 days, staph infect, emerg surg, implants removed. Outpt IVantibiotics Daily x 6 weeks
Feb11...NED 5th CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Feb12...NED 6th CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Aug12...Spotting. Surg=D&C
Sep12...STAGE IV = RARE BC METS TO UTERUS ILC ER+/PR+/HER2-Negative) (Different BC than originally diagnosed = IDC ER+/PR+/HER2+).
Sep12...Stop Arimidex. Start Afinitor & Aromasin.
Jan13...MRI = no progression no reduction
Apr13...Progression. Stop Afinitor & Aromasin.
Apr13...Start Chemo: Taxol & Carboplatin.
Nov13...Scans & Pelvic 95+% Reduction. Nueropathy>Stop chemo start Fareston.
Jan14...PET scan = no progression stable.
May14...Pelvic > Bleeding & cramps. TMs up.
May14...PET scan = uterine progression :(
May14...Stop Fareston. Start Chemo: Xeloda.

Joanne S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:11 PM   #29
Joanne S

Wink Pink Girl---You have been diagnosed with Happy Chinese Hamster Ovaries

<<<<<< Pink Girl
Feb12,2007...Surg MRM Left & SM Right, reconstruct w/expanders
Mar07-Jun07...Saline Exp
Jun07...Start Tamoxifen
Jun07-Aug07...Rad x 25
Jun07-Oct07...Persistent fevers-unknown origin
Jun07-Nov07...PT for Severe PMPS & Capsular Contracture
Nov07...Surg Capsulectomy, Gel Implants, PMPS pain gone instantly.
Feb08...NED 1st CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Feb08...2 months post surgery Caps Cont again :(
Mar08...Stop Tamoxifen. Start Arimidex.
Apr08...Sudden high fever, Hosp ICU 10 days, staph infect, emerg surg, implants removed. Outpt IVantibiotics Daily x 6 weeks
Feb11...NED 5th CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Feb12...NED 6th CANCERVERSARY!!!!!
Aug12...Spotting. Surg=D&C
Sep12...STAGE IV = RARE BC METS TO UTERUS ILC ER+/PR+/HER2-Negative) (Different BC than originally diagnosed = IDC ER+/PR+/HER2+).
Sep12...Stop Arimidex. Start Afinitor & Aromasin.
Jan13...MRI = no progression no reduction
Apr13...Progression. Stop Afinitor & Aromasin.
Apr13...Start Chemo: Taxol & Carboplatin.
Nov13...Scans & Pelvic 95+% Reduction. Nueropathy>Stop chemo start Fareston.
Jan14...PET scan = no progression stable.
May14...Pelvic > Bleeding & cramps. TMs up.
May14...PET scan = uterine progression :(
May14...Stop Fareston. Start Chemo: Xeloda.

Joanne S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:22 AM   #30
PinkGirl

Smile looks just like me

Glad you chose a chubby little hamster -- looks just like me !! Wish I could do aerobics like that....

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 09-13-2007, 09:10 AM   #31
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Talking Cho Happy To Know The Source Of My Winning Streak!

Joanne! LOVE the visual effects. I will think of them tmrrw as I am infused with *happy Chinese Hamster ovaries*, and I will think of you, and all my fabulous, fun Soul Sisters in the *club*! Thanks for that...
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:23 PM   #32
hutchibk

I will toast the Chinese Hamsters tonight when at dinner with friends! I do prefer drinking from a straw... like the ones for the water bottle in a hamster cage, wonder if there is a connection? Might look funny drinking my beer through a straw, though. I'm not in my 20's anymore. LOL

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:40 AM   #33
PinkGirl

Smile I'll let you know

Hi Everyone
I have an appointment this PM with my Optometrist. It's time to have my yearly check-up. Before my canser adventure, I had 20/20 vision. After I finished Hamceptin, I needed glasses !! Just another thing that happened to me that is hamster-related, but who knew ??? The poor eyesight can also account for the increased sense of smell we get....those little rodents have very poor eyesight, compensated by a keen sense of smell and excellent hearing. I'll probably need my prescription changed.....

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 09-14-2007, 06:51 AM   #34
madubois63

This is soooo funny - thanks for the laugh. I received lots of Hamceptin and horse serum. What does that make me????????????
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:13 AM   #35
PinkGirl

Smile OH...My...Gosh...

Madame Dubois, you have received both hamster and horse parts! Are you by chance a Sagittarius? I'm not sure what kind of advice to give you, other than to watch out for cravings for oats and big bales of hay. If we all start to grow hamster tails, yours will be an interesting combo. Gotta go to the eye doc now...........

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 09-14-2007, 08:29 AM   #36
hutchibk

MJo - Taxol and castor bean plants??? wow... castor bean plants are supposed to be really poisonous, right?

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~

Old 09-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #37
TriciaK

Dear fellow Chinese Hamsterians: I've just read all your posts and haven't had such a good laugh in days! You are all delightfully crazy! I wondered why my nose keeps twitching, and I have little whiskers growing, too. And the nocturnal craving for seeded crakers and cheese---I can relate to that! Does this mean we can't live with cats anymore? As long as we can keep laughing, we'll make it! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:48 PM   #38
PinkGirl

Smile Yep, I was right,

my Optometrist confirmed it today. She gave me a thorough examination and declared at the end that I now have rodent eyes. What next ???

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 09-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #39
PinkGirl

Smile cats

Tricia -- I think we'll be okay with cats because of the size difference. Unfortunately, our donor hamsters are at a real disadvantage size wise. I think we'll be the biggest hamsters those cats ever saw !!

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 09-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #40
harrie

Hmmmmm...Chinese hamster ovary....MAYBE that is why I just happen to notice today when I was looking at my chin in the car mirror....I have this fine fuzz that I have on my chin now!!! I don't remember having that prior to chemo and herceptin...
LOL!!!!!!

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote