HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-14-2005, 09:12 PM   #1
Lisa

Have any of you had experience, good or bad with any of the (usually) multi-level marketing supplements such as Juice Plus, a capsule comprised of dried fruits and veggies, or Vibe, a liquid comprised of many vitamins, minerals, fruit and veggie extracts?

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 08-15-2005, 04:53 AM   #2
*_IRENE FROM TAMPA_*

Hi Lisa

I have not tried the particular brands you mentioned, but I have tried a product from my health store - it is greens in a powder form. I am at work right now and do not have the actual mfg. name but it has lots of veggies which should be very good for our bodies. If you would like the name I can pass to you. It probably is comparable to what you mentioned. I just mix with some juice and it does not taste bad at all. I am currently out and have to go back a get some more. I do not feel this should interfere with chemo's. I am going to pass by my onc. next week as I have started on Abraxane. My counts are already down just after two infusions. Maybe this product would give a little boost.

Hope you are doing well.

Irene
Old 08-15-2005, 06:40 AM   #3
Kristen

Hi Lisa,
Juice plus, a friend of mine sells on the internet. It has no sugar in it and it's supposed to taste really good. I have not personally bought any yet as I am hooked on V8 splashes Mango Peach and drink V8. If you find anything really good for memory lapses I would be interested. I can't remember anything. Good luck. Take Care. K
Old 08-15-2005, 07:10 AM   #4
Lisa

Irene,

I would love the name if you can send it.

Kristen,

I don't remember. What were we talking about????

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 08-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #5
Susan M(PA)

Lisa,

I've taken a few of the green formulas.
If you go to Vitaminshoppe.com they will rank their bestsellers.
When I was on Navelbine/Herceptin(Jan-June '05) I was taking Garden of Life's Perfect Food powder and also veggie juicing. One or the other on most days,a basic multiple, and Cell Forte( Inositol and IP6), maitake mushroom extract. My WBC was good.
It was very poor with Adriamycin and Taxotere and no supps or juices.

Barlean's has a very interesting blend of green foods, that is supposed to
taste good, and won some award.
They make doc recommended flax seed oil, very high in oleic acid.
Barleans.com
I'll let you know how the green drink tastes, I'm expecting a delivery anyday now. I asked if they would ever sell olive oil, but they
replied, no plans in the future.
I'm switching greens, because of lingering fatigue while on Herceptin.
BTW my last CT in June was clear, lung mets, second time around.

Susan M(PA)
Old 08-16-2005, 04:46 AM   #6
*_IRENE FROM TAMPA_*

Hi Lisa

The product I took is also GARDEN OF LIFE - Super Green Formula.

I am going to pass it by my onc. and start on it again. I can't see why it would be harmful other that it is alot of veggies and vitamins, which should be good for our bodies, especially going through chemo which depletes us so.

If you start on it, let me know what you think.

Take care

Irene
Old 08-16-2005, 01:06 PM   #7
triciak

Dear Lisa, I have been on Dr. Robert Young's pH Miracle Diet and on his "Supergreens' and found both very effective for me. I can send info to anyone interested. Best wishes, Tricia