HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-12-2005, 06:47 AM   #1
dberg

I have a question for THE EXPERTS! I'm 3 months out of chemo and will be getting herceptin every 3 weeks. I had my first infusion Thursday and darned if I didn't feel kinda queasy that night, the next, and even last night. It's not bad, just kind of a yucky feeling. I don't recall anyone mentioning this as a side effect.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:24 PM   #2
sfernando

Hi. You can probably find better links by searching on this site. I had this one bookmarked and it includes some common symptoms. Personally, all I had was the fever on my initial high dose. I get it weekly, though, so your doses may be higher and more prone to side effects. Or perhaps you were just coming down with the flu? Hopefully, you won't have any problems with later doses.

http://www.cancerbacup.org.uk/Treatments/B...ies/Trastuzumab

Sharon
Old 06-13-2005, 08:03 AM   #3
Barbara

Hi:

After my first Herceptin infusion June 2004 I had indigestion and a mild headache for 10 days. By the third infusion the indigestion and headache lasted 48-72 and hours and that is how it has remained. The chills I encountered the first five or six treatments no longer occur. I also have a lot of mucus and I have mucus plugs in my lungs on CT exams. I will be starting my second year of Herceptin in July. I think your symptoms may moderate over time. Good luck.

Barbara
Old 06-15-2005, 02:05 PM   #4
jessica

hi~
i always feel a little flu'ish after my herceptin & i've been doing this for 3 years. i typically stick to the weekly dose, b/c the q3week dose makes me feel achy, like the flu, a bit of a temp & feel really creaky & stiff.
so, now i know to take a couple tylenol within an hour of my infusion, & keep it close by for the next 24-36 hrs & that does the trick. if the flu'ish symps do manage to get a hold of me, a nap & tylenol are enough to get me back on my feet.
herceptin is an immunotherapy, so it makes sense that the body would respond this way. but i think of it as a sign that it is on board & circulating all thru my system...
hope this is helpful,
take good care,