HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-25-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Husband's Radiation Update

UPDATE ON HIS WHOLE BRAIN AND PELVIS RADIATION: 12 down & 7 to go!!! Say it with me girls: 'Whole Brain Radiation', sounds worse than it is and his WBR & Pelvis Radiation is going better than we thought it would despite how it sounds. The Radiation Oncologist has spread out his radiation into 15 days, (late start due to a defective disc the hospital sent, waited for new one=4 days behind) to minimize side effects for my Love. The side effects he has experienced are nausea without vomiting, extreme fatigue (plus he cannot turn mind off at night long enough to sleep well), constipation/ loose stools, confusion, increased appetite (thank you Decadron!!) and it takes a while for his memory recall. I think the confusion and memory recall bothers him most because he has always been on top of his game and has a very high IQ.

We need this finished so he can get back onto a chemo treatment sooner than later and cannot do so during radiation. The radiation will end on August 3rd...yippee!! Chemo treatments will consist of Tykerb/Xeloda and he will remain on Tamoxifen. Maybe 4-5 weeks from now he will have the scans done to see where he stands, if needed he will get the gamma knife for those remaining spots. Then my friends, I am hoping, praying and begging (not to proud to beg!!) for the 'Miracle of Tykerb'. I like to think that this new 'Deadly Cocktail' consisting of Tykerb/Xeloda will work the magic we are searching for. And for my peeps who have responded nicely to it, thanks for the updates. We know cancer is unpredictable and everyone's cancer is like a snowflake, anything can happen, yet this combo has gifted so many of my friends here.

Whew..we, what a long week!! I am confident in the decisions we have made thus far and thank you girls for the inspiration you have given to help us to go on another hour, another day, another week. I have not been keeping in touch with you all as much as I normally do and I am sorry for that. Things are settling down finally and I promise to be a better friend (I owe numerous e-mail returns and phone calls and you know who you are!!).

On a lighter note:
Sheila (Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia): Better play pool soon because hubby gained 9 pounds in two weeks!!! LOL!! Yeahhhh!! Getting very worried about the 40 lb weight lose since September 2006=15 lbs lost in 3 weeks. Of course all the weight lost was muscle. And again, I love the new picture, all your best qualities shine through.

Kate: So glad you have got your game play in order and we are routing for you. Great Fighter My Love, you have certainly taught me many things I am using today. Remember this word Lovey: "AURA"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AndiBB: Thanks for the wonderfully inspiring words of wisdom to us, they come into my 'memory recall' often. Cannot tell you how warm & fuzzy you make me feel. How could I ever say thanks???

Chrissy: Thanks for doing the walk for those who are affected with Breast Cancer and for those who will be affected with it. You are so kind and loving, so very giving. People think that you need to have big contributors to fund BC. NOT!!! It is the baby steps we all take to fund for the cure we are so desperate to find!! This year alone I have sold hundreds of dollars of AVON Breast Cancer items and I have a walk (actually 2 walks) in October.

MichelleH: You Are My Shining Star!!!

Lu Ann and all of our WBR girls: Thanks for the updates and information regarding the whole brain radiation thing!! Could have never made it by without you all.

BarbaraH: Thanks for all the kind offers you have made in support of my husband's Breast Cancer. Your posts cheer me so and your disposition on BC is a blessing to us.

Karen: Have not talked to you since you went on vacation. Kiss your daughter and send a hug from us please. Talk soon Love.

Joy: Your sweet personality has been passed on to so many of us here and wherever you go I am sure. So happy your scans were inspiring, for you and for us to see. What hope for everyone!!

Adriana Mangus: Oh Sweetheart, words could never even touch on how I feel about you, you too have changed my entire view on BC.

Ooow, man can I get going with the words!! I know I have left out a few of you girls because this post will not go through. Next posting I shall send my tributes. Please do not feel forgotten for we carry a special part of all of you in us each day. We cannot do this without ALL OF OUR EXTENDED FAMILY HERE!!! You are more family to us than parts of our own families!!

WANNA HEAR MY FIRE....ready?......here goes:

Waiting For A Miracle...and commanding one soon!!!!>>Believe51
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
9/7/06 husband dx @ 50yrs=Stage IV Inflammatory HER2+Breast Cancer mets to all bones
10/06 Taxotere=3 week cycles for 10 cycles; Herceptin weekly, Zometa monthly and daily Tamoxifen
4/12/07 stopped Taxotere, continue Herceptin, Zometa and Tamoxifen
5/18/07 Petscan= rapid cell activity appears no mets to organs, many Lytic Lesions(L4,Humeral Head,C2,& Disc Space)...Degenerative Changes, some bone repair progress!!
5/07 something stopped working, new chemo recipe is being discussed(maybe Tykerb/Xeloda)
6/01/07 Pleural Thoracentisis showed Pleural Effusions with no malignant cells!!
6/19/07 & 7/2/07 Second opinions on treatment thus far was good
6/25/07 MRI to skull= many Brain Mets..largest 5 lesions (2=5mm/2=4mm/1=9mm))
7/10/07 WBR & Radiation to pelvis(37.5Gray Units/15 days) & Nutrition Consult
has maintained great bloodwork results almost all along(Procrit & Neulasta rarely used)= Thanks to diet, supplements and all your prayers!! ALWAYS BELIEVE!!
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
chrisy

go marie! you CLAIM that miracle, baby!
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
Mary Jo

Hi Marie,

Thanks for the update on your husband's WBR. I'm glad it isn't just too hard on him. You are a very caring and wonderful wife. I'm sure your husband is so thankful for all your love and care. There is nothing better than a caring, loving spouse.

God Bless you Marie,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #4
hutchibk

Hi Marie - thanks for the update about your hubby's WBR! I am thrilled to hear that it is not as bad as assumed. That is the same thing my onc has told me, but I wasn't ready to go down that road yet. You and your hubby are blazing a trail for many of us Tykerb/Xeloda brain met folks who may still need WBR in our future someday.

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:04 PM   #5
Sheila

Marie
You deserve that miracle...as does your hubby....you bring caregiving to a whole new level.....your husband is one lucky man to have you in his corner...cancer won't stand a chance. Keep on believing....its coming!

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:45 PM   #6
rentrac

A light at the end of the tunnel when the radiation is done - time for a toast! I have special empathy for your husband - I was on alot of decadron because of my brain mets... the munchies drove my weight up 15 pounds in 2 weeks, but I certainly enjoyed every bite! Unfortunately, a predictable side effect of decadron is insomnia. Has your husband asked his docs about something to help him sleep so he doesn't have to lie awake worrying? Another effect it can have is similar to a bipolar patient's hypomania - thinking faster than normal, being unually focused in one's own mind (but not necessarily to anybody else). being very task oriented, feeling that one doesn't need much sleep. It wears off as the decadron is tapered off. But as I'm still learning a month after getting off the stuff, it takes a lot longer to get rid of those pounds. Please know my thoughts and decadron fogged brain are with y'all. I hope he hasn't gotten the acne like rash it can give - I was a bit embarrassed feeling likethe Clearasil Queen of the Silver-hair-set!
Fondly, Rentrac
Oct. 2003: Dx age 48, Stage IIIA Ductal Ca. dense dose neoadjuvent AC. BrCa 1&2 -, ER+, PR-, Her2+. 2004: R mastectomy, 3+ nodes, dense doseTaxotere ( allergic), total hysterectomy, radiationx36 . Tamoxifen x6 mo., Arimidex x9 mo. Jan. '06: Multi left metastatic nodes left neck. Stage IV. Taxol, Carboplatin (allergic to both), Herceptin, radiationx27. Herceptin cont'd. 1 mediastinal met in old rad field. April: 2 brain mets - Rcerebellar, Ltemporal lobe. Gammaknife. Stop Herceptin, Start Tykerb. May: CyberKnife-mediastinal node, Zometa restart. July: New RLung mets. Xeloda add. Jan. 2008: CT: Lung mets shrinking. Fatty liver w/increased liver function panel. Feb '08: MRI: brain mets back, 2nd GammaKnife. June: Migraine headaches from cerebellar tumor. Team for WBR - Choose Craniotomy on Cerebellum only. Aug: Crainiotomy successful. Sept: PET -right lung apex clean; left internal mammary artery appears malignant. Herceptin in future. Left mastectomy?
rentrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:55 PM   #7
MichelleH

Smile Marie, Thank you for the update!

Glad hubby is almost done with the WBR! Then the Ty/X will kick some butt on those nasty mets! You keep the faith girl, and keep believing! Remember you & Ed are always in my prayers.
Bless you both,
Love,
Michelle
25 rads
Dec 2006- recurrence Stage IV (diagnosed 3 days before Christmas!) Lymph nodes in chest, liver, 3 ribs
January 2007- 3 tri wkly rounds of Taxol/Herceptin
Response to lymph nodes in chest, but several more bone mets (skull, shoulders, more ribs, femur, several on spine), liver tumors still growing.
March 2007- 8 wkly rounds of Navelbine/Herceptin/ every 4th wk Zometa
Lymph nodes in chest look great, but more bone mets (of course!), Clavicles, hips, and sacrum (above tail bone) to add to the list. Liver mets still growing.
June 5- started Tykerb/Xeloda

Aug 14- Scans are showing great progress! Tumor shrinkage and bones are healing!

Nov 21 CT scan shows tumor growth in liver & bones next Doc appt on 11-27

Dire need of a lot of prayers and a miracle.
Stay at home mom, 5 yr old girl & 8 yr old boy.
Wife of loving husband
MichelleH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:56 AM   #8
Beckie

I'm glad your husband is doing as well as he is during the treatments. Know that the confusion is the Decadron. I was a bit worried, but had a glimpse of clarity tonight ( have cut the dose in half). It seemed a shame to have to take a pill and go back under. I am keeping you both in my prayers.

Beckie
6/06 - Stage 4, Her2+++, er/pr-
Mets to lungs(largest 3 cm), liver (largest 5.5 cm), and bones
Began taxotere, herceptin, & aredia
7/06 - radiation to lower spine & left shoulder for pain
8/06 - everything smaller
12/06 - stopped taxotere (toe infections)
5/07 - bone mets advancing
6/07 - add navelbine to herceptin & aredia
6/07 - discovered brain mets (3 in cerebellum, largest 2 cm.)
7/07 - WBR, change to Tykerb/Xeloda
9/07 - targeted radiation
10/08 - started navelbine/herceptin
2/09 - brain mets - targeted radiation
5/09 - mets in liver progressing, changed to Ixempra
7/09 - mets in liver still going, to the brain again, on gemzar now
9/09 - gemzar failed, started Doxil today

I know Who holds the future, and I know He holds my hand.
Beckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:18 AM   #9
tousled1

Marie,

Thank you for keeping us updated on Ed's WBR. He is almost finished -- there is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm glad he seems to be tolerating the treatment pretty well. Soon he will start the T/X and I'm praying that it will be the magic bullet that will give you the miracle you so deserve.
Ed is so fortuante to have such a wonderful caregiver. Having a caregiver like you makes a world of difference. You and in my prayers
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:58 AM   #10
Joy

thank you for the update on Ed. I am also so glad to hear that the treatment is 'O.K' vs really sucky. And I'm excited to see what happens on T/X. Isn't it almost a miracle in itself what our bodies can take and how we can persevere? NOT that we don't ned the real miracle and with your energy I think it is possible. thank you for inspiring such hope and happiness through your posts. And, as was mentioned, celebrate the end of the radiation!

Best to both of you!

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:32 AM   #11
lu ann

Believe51

Hi Marie,

I just completed WBR and Rads to my limbar spine last week. A Physical Therapist came here on Wed. to start me on therapy. I won't be starting new treatment for another 6 weeks. My onc. feels it would do more harm then good if I start before I'm ready. Hopefully your husbands doc. will do the same.

I'm down to 1/2 dose of decadron daily for 1 week and then 1/2 dose alternate days for 2 weeks then I'm done. Thank You God. I gained 17 lbs of fluid. I am also eating everything not nailed down. My feet were 4 times normal. I'm taking lasix, but then I have to pee all the time. Plus my legs feel like they are 150lb. each.

I continue to pray for you
Love, Lu ann
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:42 AM   #12
suzan w

Hi Marie, what a journey, eh?? You have a great attitude and I just KNOW that the miracles continue to happen for all of us! By the way...decadron made me feel like a speed freak...ugh!!! Have a wonderful day!!!
5/05 biopsy-invasive lobular carcinoma with LCIS,8mm tumor,stage 1 grade 2, ER+ PR+ Her2+++
6/14/05 bilateral mastectomy, node neg. all scans neg.
Oncotype DX-high risk
8/05-10/05 4 rounds A/C
10/05 -10/06 1 yr. herceptin
arimidex-5 years
2/14/08 started daily self administered injections..FORTEO for severe osteoporosis
7/28/09 BRCA 1 negative BRCA2 POSITIVE
8/17/09 prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy
10/15/10 last FORTEOinjection
RECLAST infusion(ostoeporosis)
6/14/10 5 year cancerversary!
8/2010-18%increase in bone density!
no further treatments
Oncologist says, "Go do the Happy Dance"
I say,"What a long strange trip its been"
'One day at a time'
6-14-2015. 10 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!
7-16 to 9-16. Extensive (and expensive) dental work done to save teeth. Damage from osteoporosis and chemo and long term bisphosphonate use
6-14-16. 11 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
7-20-16 Prolia injection for severe osteoporosis
2 days later, massive hive outbreak. This led to an eventual dx of Chronic Ideopathic Urticaria, an auto-immune disease from HELL.
6-14-17 12 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
still suffering from CIU. 4 hospitilizations in the past year

as of today, 10-31-17 in remission from CIU and still, CANCER FREE!!!
6-14-18 13 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!! NED!!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #13
Emelie

Hi Marie,

So glad another leg of the journey is almost done! I have to tell you when I am on Decadron my kids call me "Droid women". It was a big help during our recent move to Colo. though. I don't think I could've done it all without the droid's.
Stay strong and know we are all praying for that miracle.
Emelie
Emelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:09 PM   #14
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Arrow Keeping This Post Alive!!

Thanks so far girls for the comments thus far, just keeping this post alive for more loving from 'ya girls!!!!

Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Old 07-27-2007, 11:43 AM   #15
Believe51

Thumbs up One Brain Rad Left For Monday

Thanks for all the support, he has one more radiation on Monday and four more pelvis rads. Yes to you Lu Ann, this was our worst nightmare too!! I am glad he gained the weight he so much needed to continue this fight. Also pretty confident that the confusion will leave after the Decadron finishes. Thanks to you, I did get him a prescription for Lasix.

Thanks for the support Ladies, we love you all!!

Waiting For A Miracle....and commanding one soon>>Believe51