HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2004, 12:28 AM   #1
Lolly

We've decided to complete 24 weeks of chemo/Herceptin before enrolling in the study. This is week 15. I think it's best not to rock the boat since it's doing the job so I'm going to play it safe; hopefully I'll be NED for sure by then! Also a factor was the possibility of the study filling up before I finished my regimen but so far 5 people are enrolled and they will take 20 so I think I'll still be able to get in.
I feel good about this decision that I'm going to have the best chance for long term control by hopefully ensuring that I'm NED before entering the trial.

Old 08-20-2004, 02:39 AM   #2
Capi

I also am looking at going on the study - however I thought that I could be on my Herceptin/chemo at the same time....is that not so? I've been battling my breast cancer since Nov. with chemo now a mastectomy & now radiation & then more chemo & Herceptin starting in Oct. Are they telling you that your body will weaken with teh vaccine?
Old 08-20-2004, 01:21 PM   #3
Lolly

No I don't believe that's the case. This vaccine trial is designed to try and answer the question of whether the vaccine and Herceptin together will create a stronger immune response and delay or prevent recurrence. If you're on chemo also " it would ""muddy the waters""" so to speak and they wouldn't have a clear picture of whether the vaccine/herceptin combo works.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:49 AM   #4
Barbara

Lolly:

Can you be stage 2B with one node positive and still participate after you have completed the traditional chemo?