HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 11-15-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
chrisy

ANDI I Love that quote! That should be the title of the "people say the darndest things" thread!

I've got a quote on the shirt I'm wearing today. I don't know the original origin, but I read a version of it in Anne Lamott's book Traveling Mercies...

This may take a minute since I'm reading it off the shirt and it's upside down to me.

"When you get to the end of all the light you know and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, FAITH is knowing that one of two things shall happen:
Either you will be given something solid to stand on, or
You will be taught how to fly"

Chris
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:00 PM   #2
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Smile It is me with that lil pea brain again...LOL

Although there has been many times of fear and doubt during this entire journey I STILL BELIEVE. Deep down these fears are lessened because I BELIEVE. There have been times when I thought that it may be denial, this 'Believing' I do. It certainly is not since I know the repercussions of what 'could' be. I am a firm believer that My Warrior Angel shall conquer, shall succeed. So to all MY WARRIORS whom I see trying to conquer, remember this:

"For They Conquer Who Believe They Can" By John Dryden

I love you all with all of my very big heart!!!>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #3
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink

So lovely, lovely Leslie! The gems in Life are so often unseen. The bigness of the little things simply go underappreciated. Since bc I have come to witness the sublime in the ordinary. The experience has elevated me (kicking and screaming along the way...). It has all served to lift me up to previously unfathomed heights. Joseph Campbell has observed -- "IT IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ABYSS (where) COMES THE VOICE OF SALVATION. THE BLACK MOMENT IS THE MOMENT WHEN THE REAL MESSAGE OF TRANSFORMATION IS GOING TO COME. AT THE DARKEST MOMENT COMES THE LIGHT."

Campbell refers to the Polynesian saying -- You are 'STANDING ON A WHALE FISHING FOR MINNOWS'. He goes on to explain, "We are standing on a whale. The ground of being is the ground of our being, and when we simply turn outward, we see all of these little problems here and there. But, if we look inward, we see that we are the source of them all."

In searching within our psyche we discover our past and present pain. Then, we find that we have the power to *consciously choose* to LET IT GO. This act is the hero's deed. The sheroe's dance with obstacles that lead the way to triumph. We become freed, to say --HERE AM I! I am ready to move forward. In to a new normal. And I have chosen to embrace it, seeing that being alive has fresh worth, unimagined zest and so very much previously unseen *bling*...! The experience of The Thrill Of Living transcends all adversities set before us to endure. Rather than mourn the unwanted we come to feel the joy and serenity of simply being. We come to rejoice over our good fortune, shedding the weight of the Not Bargained For. We come to *know* we have the power to call desired dreams to us -- with our carefully scripted inner dialogue and our newfound ability to reject odious thinking. Thus we release horrid emotions and welcome gladness. We *own* our knowing and are filled with faith and belief and jubilation over our mastery of control. Having risen to a plane of consciousness that directly links us to divineness...

Sorry. Just got home from my Vit H treatment. A half hour infusion which took two hours in the chemo room. I musn't complain. I first began Herceptin 9 years ago, on November 11, 1998... In August of '98, diagnosed with multiple metastases throughout my liver, I thought I would surely die. The statistics I read were dire and pierced my heart. Slowly, midst Taxotere and its ravaging effects (on my body, yet including my cancer cells) I came to regain my footing. I began to KNOW that I was on a gravel-filled and winding roadway -- barefoot and stumbling -- but slowly being led to survival! I became able to reach out and OWN that knowing. To learn to control my mind, and therefore my outcome, to a far greater degree than I had ever thought possible. With intense focus and impassioned certainty I tread toward what one doctor eventually would call -- cautious remission. From December of '98 I began to reclaim my joy and serenity, *knowing* I was on the right path and precisely where I was headed.

So I am especially thoughtful at this moment. Moved by Leslie's post of beauty, remembering the radiance of her Spirit, these words are what came out of me...
I wish every one of my Sisters and Brothers REMISSION with all my heart! Much loving energy to you all...
Pinkie and Flori and Ed and Marie's Mom seem to be most in need at this moment of my prayers, but I pray for you ALL...
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:47 AM
PinkGirl
This message has been deleted by PinkGirl.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
Cat

Smile Re: ~Daily Inspirational Quotes.....

Saw this stopped in 2007 and thought I would post my refrigerator magnets and see where it goes.

Get on your knees and thank God you're still on your feet

Each day I make my To-Do list but the only thing I cross off is "lose mind."

We plan, God Laughs

Smiles to everyone at least once a day
bilat mastectomy w/TRAM
32 rads
9/08 recurrance 4 sternal nodes
mediastinoscopy, able to remove 3
taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin, x6
continue herceptin indefinately
5/10 recurrance in same node/area
mediastinoscopy, removed nodes
added tykerb
27 rads
10/18/10 PET shows inflammation no active disease
8/2011 recurrence one right mediastinal node, xeloda and proton radiation to node.
D/C xeloda due to toxicity
12/5 PET scan clear
2/2012 colon blockage, breast cancer
(never thought it could go there! thought I was constipated)
start abraxane, herceptin, continue tykerb
10/2012 Kidney ablation (renal CA!)
3/2013 CT and biopsy R kidney (BC met to R kidney)
4/4/2013 Begin Kadcyla
7/30/13 Craniotomy cerebellar mets, 1.7cm 3cm
Sept 4-6 post op cyberknife
Sept 23 ablation right kidney (blow up pesky breast ca met)
Oct headaches MRI Oct 10 (only surgical changes ! Yay!)
Short of breath. CT, pulmonary function, echo
New crap in right lung heart good. Pooh!
12/13 DC kadcyla. Begin halaven
2/14 MRI brain NED Yay!
4/3/14 CT mostly stable but breast mets r kidney growing
4/16/14 ablation right kidney again
Continue halaven, tykerb
dc halaven gemzar?
2nd opinion May 14
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
lasarles

Re: ~Daily Inspirational Quotes.....

" I want to be be the kind of woman, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil (cancer) says, " oh crap!" She's up!
3/13/12 44th Birthday, Mammogram, Ultrasound.
3/15/12 Needle Biopsy on Lump and Suspicious Node.
3/20/12 Dreadful "C" Word.
ER90% PR90% Her2+
1 cm, IDC, Stage 1, Grade 2
4/19/12 Portecath, Lumpectomy & Sentinel Node Removal. 0/4 Node Involvement...Yea!!
Margins Clear......Yea!!
5/17/12 Chemo Begins. TCH x 4.
Herceptin Weekly x 4, every 3 wks thereafter for 1 yr. Muga Scans every 3 mos.
8/13/12 Rads x 30
9/24/12 Start Tamoxifen
10/22/12 CT/Whole Body Bone Scan. No Cancer Detected......Yea!
1/31/13 Annual Mammogram and Ultrasound....NED....:)
5/23/13 Final Herceptin Appt
6/25/13 Port Removal
5/2017 Stop Tamoxifen (Thickening of Uterine Walls)
5/2017 Start Arimadex
6/2018 Start Lupron Shot
9/2019 Stop Arimidex and Lupron Shot
6/2020 Last Oncology Appt
4/2024 NED (No Evidence of Disease)
lasarles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:00 AM   #7
hutchibk

Maybe not inspirational, but a quote that responds to Pink's husband's family:

"Do you know that you are pathetic little people AND morons?" - hutchibk

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."

Last edited by hutchibk; 11-16-2007 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: refine quote
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #8
hutchibk

"I wanted to be the first woman to burn her bra, but it would have taken the fire department four days to put it out." ~Dolly Parton

Oh and...

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." ~Jim Rohn

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

Last edited by hutchibk; 11-16-2007 at 11:10 AM..
Old 11-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #9
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Ponderings...

"TAKE YOUR LIFE IN YOUR OWN HANDS, AND WHAT HAPPENS? A TERRIBLE THING: NO ONE TO BLAME." Erica Jong

"THE ONLY REAL VOYAGE OF DISCOVERY CONSISTS NOT IN SEEKING NEW LANDSCAPES BUT IN HAVING NEW EYES." Marcel Proust

I know I personally is oxymoronic, but all the same -- I personally love these two.

For me, when I began to see the world through the eyes of my Soul
-- EVERYTHING CHANGED! Revelations emerged.

This is my new favorite thread! Thank you soooo much, Marie. What a fab idea...
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...

Last edited by Andrea Barnett Budin; 11-18-2007 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: Correct typos in quotes
Old 11-18-2007, 09:26 AM   #10
PinkGirl

EACH FRIEND REPRESENTS A WORLD IN US,
A WORLD POSSIBLY NOT BORN UNTIL THEY ARRIVE,
AND IT IS ONLY BY THIS MEETING THAT A NEW WORLD IS BORN

Anais Nin

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:39 AM   #11
PinkGirl

Smile

Inspirational photo

Attachment 156

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album

Last edited by PinkGirl; 03-29-2008 at 07:33 AM..
Old 11-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #12
hutchibk

I LOVE the cartoon!

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~

Old 11-19-2007, 12:20 PM   #13
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Talking To Complete My Thanksgiving Blessings Post:

This completes my thoughts on Thanksgiving and what it means to me, today & always:

"True Thanksgiving Means That We Need To Thank God For What He Has done For Us, And Not To Tell Him What We Have Done For Him" By George R Hendrick

Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #14
hutchibk

I love that too! Thanks Marie.

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~

Old 11-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #15
PinkGirl

AVOIDING DANGER IS NO SAFER IN THE LONG RUN THAN OUTRIGHT EXPOSURE. THE FEARFUL ARE CAUGHT AS OFTEN AS THE BOLD.
Helen Keller

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 11-20-2007, 03:34 PM   #16
Andrea Barnett Budin

Exclamation

KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO TRY TO BELITTLE YOUR AMBITIONS. SMALL PEOPLE ALWAYS DO THAT, BUT THE REALLY GREAT MAKE YOU FEEL THAT YOU, TOO, CAN BECOME GREAT. Mark Twain

Andi

Old 11-20-2007, 04:22 PM   #17
PinkGirl

Roger Bannister Broke The Four-minute Mile Record
On May 6, 1954. It Had Been Deemed An Impossible Feat.

The Record Was Broken Again On June 21, 1954 And Upon Knowing That It Was No Longer Impossible, 3 Years Later, 16 Other Runners Also Cracked The Four-
Minute Mile.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 11-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #18
Andrea Barnett Budin

Wink

SINCE WHEN DO YOU HAVE TO AGREE WITHPEOPLE TO DEFEND THEM FROM INJUSTICE? Lillian Hellman

WISE SAYINGS OFTEN FALL ON BARREN GROUND; BUT A KIND WORD IS NEVER THROWN AWAY. Arthur Helps

ALWAYS DO RIGHT; THIS WILL GRATIFY SOME PEOPLE AND ASTONISH THE REST. Mark Twain

HE WHO ALLOWS OPPRESSION, SHARES THE CRIME. Erasmus Darwin (grandfather of Charles Darwin)

Old 11-20-2007, 05:50 PM   #19
PinkGirl

Wink

I'M NOT A VEGETARIAN, BUT I EAT ANIMALS THAT ARE.
Groucho Marx

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 11-21-2007, 06:44 AM   #20
Believe51

Talking With Thoughts Of Thanksgiving....

Just some proverbs and thoughts to celebrate yet another holiday with family and friends..

"Gratitude Is The Heart's Memory" French Proverb

"Let Us Be Thankful For The Fools; But For Them The Rest Of Us Could Not Succeed" Mark Twain

"Some People Grumble Because The Roses has Thorns. Be Thankful Instead That The Thorns Have Roses" Unknown

I will be gone from the site until atleast Monday so I needed to send a few thoughts your way to hold you over until my return, LOL!! Of course I always send love, prayers, positive thoughts and hope to you also. Thanks for this unbreakable, unconditional bond of friendship for it is priceless!!>>Believe51

PS I said Monday I will see again but today is not over yet!!! Talk to you momentarily!! Hehehe!!>> MarieG