HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
Cannon

For those near Kennebunk, ME - a BC Workshop

My aunt, who is also a BC survivor, is Alexis Teitz, one of the leaders of this workshop:

Beyond Breast Cancer
Integrating Past, Present & Future

A Workshop for Breast Cancer Survivors
May 30th, 2009, 9 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Hearing the words, “you have breast cancer” is generally a shock mixed with fear and anxiety. Suddenly, your life as is you knew it is changed. Treatment options often lead to positive results but the experience may leave an emotional scar. This scar impacts your heart, mind and soul beyond the physical scars. A shadow remains. Many wonder: “who was I before cancer? How did this experience impact me? Who am I now as a cancer survivor?”

This retreat led by Alexis Teitz, Journaling Leader, and Diane Dunton, M.S., Retreat Designer, will be a day exploring the many questions we may have. Alexis and Diane both have their own cancer stories and will lead us through a time of reflection, connection, journaling and fun. Participants will have an opportunity to connect stories, enjoy nature in the beautiful setting of the
Franciscan Monastery,
26 Beach Ave.,
Kennebunk, Maine

Come prepared to
connect and leave renewed, inspired and fulfilled!

D
iane, president of Potential Released Consulting Services, has over 25 years of leading workshops. She designs and implements development programs to assist individuals
and groups in growing. She is a keynote speaker, retreat leader and consultant. She holds a master’s degree in counseling and has extensive experience in working with groups and individuals. She has received specialized training with National Training Labs, the Gestalt Institute, The Center for Creative Leadership and The University of Michigan’s Organizational Career Development. Diane is an artist, writer and makes her home on beautiful Sebago Lake.
A
lexis Teitz has over 15 years experience teaching literature, poetry, and journaling in New England colleges. Alexis designs and facilitates programs with writing as a central tool for growth and transformation. She is passionate about the capacity for empowerment, healing, and clarity through personal writing. Alexis holds a master of arts degree from Dartmouth College. She is a member of the National Association for Poetry Therapy and has received specialized training in therapeutic journaling.
Her passions include art, creativity, golde retrievers and singing in Voices from the Heart, a chorus of 200 women.
Price includes Workshop, continental breakfast & lunch
For more information you can call 892-9292
Cost is $50.00 Per Person (Please register by May 22)
Register on-line to prdunton@msn.com.
Indicate in the subject line: Breast Cancer Workshop.
Reply with name, address and contact number.
Space is limited so register early!
Taxol+Herceptin weekly x12, continuing with Herceptin, finished one year in 12/07
33 Rads
Femara for 5+ years, staying on (started with Arimidex, switched after about a month, much happier)
Abnormal brain MRI shows no cancer, but "extensive white matter diease" - unknown cause
BRCA negative - lots of cancer in my family
survivor of thyroid cancer
also have Crohn's disease
CT and bone scan say NED as of 5/13
dx with severe cardiomyopathy 5/12 (likely due to chemo and Herceptin), ejection fraction in low 20's, now up to 40, went to 50, latest read 12/13 is back down to 35
1/13 Acute pancreatitis - are you kidding me?
9/13 started Humira for Crohn's. starting to have some energy again
B12 and Vit D both needed supplementation
Cataracts in both eyes noted 6/12 - surgery in the next 2-4 years?
4/14 Kidney stones/blockage/infection - related to Crohn's Disease
5/14 My aunt passed away - she was diagnosed after I was with Stage I - not Her2+, then Stage 4 for about one year
6/14 Scans - still NED, thank God. However, broken rib (I didn't notice) lots of bone degeneration osteopenia/osteoporosis. I also still have cardiomyopathy secondary to chemo.
Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote