HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
mcjr4djxXx

TDM1 Trials - Questions seeking answers

Dear All,

My name is Mandy, I am 28 years old and I live in the UK. Over the past few days I have been reading your posts and I think the sense of community, support and friendship you have all created is incredible and I am hoping today to become a part of that. I am writing to you all today on behalf of my future 'Mummy-In-Law', she is beautiful, very strong, majorly funny, absolutely lovely and extremely special to me and her caring family. She has been fighting hard for the best part of ten years and had plenty of ups and downs along the way.

November 2012 saw the further spread of her HER2 positive Metastatic breast cancer and as a result lead us down the path towards TDM1. We were introduced to a trial upon which she was accepted on to in the summer of last year. She responded brilliantly compared to other conventional forms of chemotherapy, little side effects and a great opportunity for her body to regain some strength.

However, we have hit a hurdle and this is where I would like to ask for your help and advise, as we her family are not prepared to give up this fight. I would like to find out if any of you (or anyone you know) have ever been on a TDM1 trial and withdrawn from this trial for whatever reason and with out being intrusive if any of you (or anyone you know) faced any set backs whilst on the trial that has or has not affected your position to continue on the trial?

My Partner and I are putting together a series of questions that will be presented to the responsible clinical team this week and would very much appreciate any help or advise that you might have!

Thank you very much in advance, I think you are all wonderful!

Mandy xXx
mcjr4djxXx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breast cancer, cancer, her2, tdm1, trial