HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-18-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
Lani

Joe could you answer this?

The tally shows 38,500 approx posts on the her2group vs about 900 on the articles. What is the tally of the "read" numbers on the two sites. I would love to post interesting published information which might help those looking to decide on treatments separate from other things posted under "her2group" but would be truly sorry if the main portion of the audience here, both regulars and those who find this site while looking for answers, missed out on
information that we try to tailor to her2+s. Until the last few months there has been so little available which was specific for her2+s to read, that this board's function as a clearinghouse of her2+ specific information is a true public service.

Any ideas?

Lani
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:35 PM   #2
R.B.

I feel the same.

It is a shame for items to go unread on the articles of info board.

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:56 AM   #3
Monica

One thought I had is that if you have a number of articles of interest, you could post on the main board in one posting a one line summary of each article and then refer the members to the Articles of Interest board. Then the members could see which ones look interesting and helpful for them and read them on the Articles of Interest board. I realize that this would mean more work for you. I often forget to go to the Articles of Interest board. This way I could see what the latest news is that you have found, but by keeping it to one message on the main board, if there is a lot of articles that day, it will take less space on the main board.

Best,
Monica
Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:20 AM   #4
AlaskaAngel

I think Joe and Christine tried to deal with this problem partly with the creation of the newbies board...

Earlier, I posted in behalf of those who felt slighted by being inundated by posts containing articles, because I do think the primary function of the board should be general support of all HER2's who arrive, and I think for many, that first impression is so important.... For those who feel overwhelmed by the complexity of it all, the articles can end up intimidating a fairly significant number from participating more fully.

My personal bias is that I am more than grateful for the insightful and diligent postings of articles.

Take a quick review of the posts on the main board. I suggest that those who feel like I do and want to see the articles might want to put in a little more time answering some of the non-article posts so that the site is more generalized and less intimidating, but still stimulating and thought-provoking.

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote