HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 06-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
LOPSIDED

How Long Have You Been On Tykerb & How Is Your Rash?

I've Been On Tykerb A Little Over 2 Months. My Rash Started 2 Weeks After Treatment. It Was A Mild Case Mainly On Face. It Cleared Up And Now Its Back On My Neck & Chest. I Guess It Would Be Considered Mild But It Bugs The Heck Out Of Me. My Doctor Prescribed Me Something But Nothing Seems To Work. I Can Cover A Lot Of It Up With Make-up But I'm Not Lying When I Tell You I Am A Scary Site In The Morning. Its Been Over 2 Months Since Last I.v. Chemo And My Hair Is Coming Back But I Have A Bald Spot Right Up Front. There's A Few Hairs But That Spot Seems To Be 2 Months Behind The Rest Of My Hair. I Am Grateful I Am Alive But I Don't Look So Good And Just Felt Like Venting A Little. I Would Like To Know How The Rest Of You Are Doing On Tykerb And If Your Rash Is Better Or Worse.
12/2007--ENLARGING LYMPH NODES IN ABDOMEN--IXEMPRA, THEN TYKERB
08/2008--COLON TUMOR--A/C AGAIN,
12/2008--ABDOMEN TUMOR--AVASTIN/NAVELBINE FEMARA
05/2009--MET TO SPINE (L2) RADS
CURRENT TREATMENT
07/2009- START ZOMETA MONTHLY, XELODA & ABRAXANE......SURVIVING THE BEST I CAN
LOPSIDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:25 AM   #2
jones7676

Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
I am not on Tykerb any more, but I found some dietary/bathing changes helped with the rash. It seemed that I was allergic to things I hadn't been before and just worked on the process of elimination to deal with it. Occasionally, I would still develop a rash from who knows what?! But it wasn't every day. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GOOD RESULTS!

10/03 Radical Mastectomy 3 cm tumor - 1/17 Nodes Stage II B, Her 2 +++ ER-/PR- 11/03 4 AC 4 Taxol 12/05 Stage IV - Lung met , Bone mets - Carbo, Taxotere, Herceptin 9/06 - 2 cm brain tumor 10/06 - Tumor removal surgery - Herceptin Halted 12/06 gamma knife tumor base.1/07 Navelbine/Herceptin 4/07 Rads to R femur 5/07 Stereotactic - new 2 cm brain tumor 4/07 Start Xeloda 5/07 Tykerb added 7/07 Brain MRI clean 10/07 .055 cm brain met found. 12/07 Stereotactic -1 cm brain tumor Start Tykerb 11/07 Abraxane/Herceptin 5/08 Cisplatin, Gemcitabine/Herceptin 6/08 Stereotactic to 1cm 9/08 Stereotactic repeat (growth). 11/08 Pet Scan Good but new tiny met on L lung/dead Brain surgery (no cancer cells found/scar tissue) 1/09 Chemo restarted 2/09 Pet Scan Bad - R larger very active/active L active lymph nodes both sides of chest MRI- mets slight increase 2/09 Start Doxil/Tykerb Treatment
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
nywam

Does your rash itch? I itch from the tykerb, some days mild some days severe. My rash seems to have disappeared, but I've still got the itch! I found an oatmeal bath helps somewhat but it still bothers me a lot......
nywam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
D.W.

Smile Hi Lopsided/Sheila

I am 43 also and have had mets to ovaries, brain, vertebrae and hip. Jealous, huh? Herceptin no longer worked for me, so I am on xeloda/tykerb--started about two months ago. I don't have the rash like you, but have had diahrreah (ugh) and the hand/foot syndrome. My fingers around the nails bleed easily if bumped and sometimes my feet are so sensitive that I don't go barefoot.

Just a suggestion-- let the onc/dr. know how uncomfortable you are and don't let him/her ignore your needs. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

I had radiation to the brain and hip/vertebrae, oh, about a month ago and can relate to the hair (or lack thereof) issue. The hair in the front is trying to come back, but the back has almost no growth--kind of disconcerting.

Go ahead and vent--Cancer Stinks!!!

Best wishes for you!!!
D.W. is offline   Reply With Quote