HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-12-2004, 12:55 AM   #1
pattyd

Is it ok to have a small nightly glass of wine while taking Decadron? I am taking 1 tab per day - think it is 4 mg- I usually like a light sweet wine Like Arbor Mist. I forgot to ask my onc yesterday. I also take Synthroiod and femara. Thanks and God Bless. Patty D
Old 02-12-2004, 02:10 AM   #2
Pam

I don't know about alcohol & decadron. What does it say on the bottle? Maybe just ask the pharmacist. I like a glass of wine or sherry in the evenings too & have wondered if it's okay. I'decided that I'm not going to give up every pleasure & do allow myself a glass or two when I feel like it. I'm on chemo right now, but not decadron. Cheers! Pam
Old 02-12-2004, 05:44 AM   #3
Steph N.

Had the decadron while on my varous chemos. Did not need the "whole" dose, so cut to 40mg. I love good wine and have a glass or so almost every night with dinner.
The decadron was with chemo so my problem was the mouth sores. My onc said I could continue to have my wine as long as I had no stomach upset (which I almost never did). I had to cut out the big reds with lots of tannin and acidity. Same for the more acidic whites. Found that wines from Alsace and Germany, as well as Beaujolais were easier to tolerate. These are also generally a little lower in alcohol.
Cheers!