HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-11-2004, 03:35 PM   #1
jojo

Hi Angela,

Yes, I am taking femara. Nurse tells me for the adjustment to femara, it takes the body to settle in about 1-3 weeks from the first administration.

I first took Ambien as a sleep pill, then after a while it stopped working. I switched to another prescribed sleep pill called I think tenapazam ???spell?>. It's ok, but I still prefer ambien; I fall asleep faster. I guess I could try ambien again, after tenapazam not being effective (if necessary)

Insomnia is one side effect of menopause, unfortunately. My mother tells me that insomnia hits her 2-3 times per week! That's quite a lot to me. When she really needs her sleep badly, she just takes benadryl.

Dunno about swelling though, I doubt it's causing by femara.

Keep me posted, as I'm interested in hearing other's experiences. Good luck!
Old 02-12-2004, 01:15 AM   #2
Angela

Thanks JoJo. Is ambien an over the counter medication? I will mention the swelling at my next visit since it may not be comming from the femara. I am thankful for the information but I don't know if I can last 3 weeks on this stuff unless I can find a way to get some sleep and some hot flash relief. I will try and find ambien.

Thanks...Hugs and Smiles
Angela
Old 02-12-2004, 06:35 AM   #3
JoJo

Angela,

Ambien is a prescription medication. I bet you wouldn't have a hard time getting one from your onc or doctor. Hugs