Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2007, 06:17 AM   #1
Joe
Webmaster

Wow !!

Christine and I returned yesterday from our visit to Washington DC and the East Coast and wish to share with you the following emails:

From Dr. D. Rucker, Medical Director of Siemens:

Christine, Joe,
Thank you for the immense effort to travel cross country and help in getting the story on breast cancer diagnosis and treatment out. I think everyone was touched by your reflections on the journey life has brought to you and it was certainly helpful to share this with the DC audiences that often forget that budget decisions have human consequences.
With all best wishes,
Don

and another from Dr. Walter Carney:

Christine and Joe. Thank you very much for your time and effort at the Advamed meeting. From all reports you were very effective in your comments and I think the folks at Siemens saw the importance of what you are both doing. You have certainly been an inspiration for many people with and without breast cancer.
Secondly, I hope you and Joe as well as any of your HER-2/neu Support group will be my guests for dinner at the San Antonio breast cancer meeting if you have time. It is the least we can do for all you folks do for othersAgain, thank you very much

Walt

Last but certainlty not least. Our mail was overwhelmed with memorial contributions on behalf of Ann-Michelle Higgins (Shell) who recently passed away. The organization has received over 80 checks totaling several thousand dollars. Our group will be expanding our outreach program and intend to participate in many more meetings and seminars in 2008. This support will go a long way in helping us.

We will be posting details of Symposiums and intend to pay the entire expenses of members who volunteer to represent the HER2 Support Group at these events.

Hugs and Warmest Regards
Joe and Christine

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote