HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
pffida

Intense Itching

Since beginning my Taxol-Herceptin therapy, beginning with the second infusion, I've experienced periodic very intense itching inside either the hands or the feet. The itching starts about one week after treatment. On the second round, it only happened a couple of times. After the third treatment, its been almost daily, starting about a week after treatment.

I talked to the oncology nurse -- she's never heard of this. The only thing that stops it is taking benadryl, even if its been less than four hours since I took the last dose. I am having minor neuropathy (numb thumbs and three little toes in one foot) but nothing to complain about. The nurse thinks it might be a form of neuropathy.

I'll be seeing the oncologist for this tomorrow -- just wondering if any of you have experienced this? I'm not positive its the taxol, could it maybe be the herceptin? Or could it be the Neulasta that I'm now taking (didn't take with A-C).

I finally got smart last night and bought liquid benadryl, now the itching only lasts about 15 minutes instead of one hour.

Thanks.
ER/PR-, HER2+++
  • 4 rounds AC - every 3 weeks
  • 3 rounds Taxol + Herceptin - every 3 weeks (developed allergy to Taxol so stopped treatment)
  • Weekly Herceptin after Herceptin-induced cardiomyopathy from treatments every 3 weeks
pffida is offline   Reply With Quote