HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
tricia keegan

Question Trying to make sense of this

Hi all, I'd be interested to hear any comments on this, I have a friend diagnosed a year after me with a far better prognosis..no pos lymph nodes, sml tumour, hormone pos and her2 negative. Between the two of us I would have thought I'd be the one to recurr but sadly just before last Christmas she was diagnosed with a huge spine tumour and mets to bone after chemo /hormone therapy and rads.She was told the chemo simply did'nt work.
She underwent major surgery but only 3/4 of the tumour could be removed so she's been in chemo since wearing a back brace and because of nerve damage during the op has had to have a catheter and constant care.
I just heard yesterday after recent scans that the chemo once again has not worked. The cancer has progressed in bones and to the liver and her Dr's have agreed there is no more they can do so have called in hospice home help.
She was initially going for a second opinion but has now decided against this and is in a wheelchair.
The hospice Dr says the end will be sooner rather than later.
I've lost a few friends to this disease but this has me stumped. How could this happen???
With what was not a terribly aggresive type of cancer in '06 to this??
I suppose I'm just trying to put a label on this to help me process the info/news and would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks in advance for any replies..
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote