HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2006, 07:24 AM   #1
RhondaH

Exclamation ***Please read my speech and provide input***

the MAIN sticking point (but if you notice any others, please advise) is the bold area and the "tenses" can anyone offer any suggestions? My speech is tomorrow (8/10/06) morning at 8am est. Thanks for ALL your help.

Rhonda

"Not only am I one of the many employees at Foremost Insurance Group who has been touched by breast cancer, but I am also an 18-month survivor and today I am celebrating. Today, not only am I celebrating what will HOPEFULLY be my last infusion of Herceptin, but I am ALSO celebrating all the people that shared with me this “journey”, though it was by all means no "walk in the park". I celebrate the skilled surgeons who painstakingly removed the tumor. I celebrate the aggressive YET supportive oncologists who give us the treatment that will hopefully make us better. I celebrate the motherly nurses who “react” with every ache and pain we have. I celebrate the friends that we have made in the treatments facilities and support groups who either HAVE or WILL receive treatment and either shared their experiences with us or we with them. I celebrate the loving family and friends who accompanied us on doctors appointments, cooked meals for us, kept our homes in order, entertained our children so that we could rest & lent a shoulder to cry on when we just needed to “let go”. I celebrate the employers who support the employee while undergoing treatment, making it easier for them to concentrate on “getting better” and I celebrate the memories left behind by the men and women who fought hard, brave battles that, in the end, their bodies could no longer endure - though their spirits survive. I encourage you to take this opportunity to team up with the American Cancer Society (the nation’s leading voluntary health organization) in the fight against breast cancer (the number one concern of American women today). Breast cancer is up to 97% survivable when detected early- we are helping to inform women about the importance of early detection. Mammograms save lives! Our team will be there at Calder Plaza on October 14, to help make breast cancer “a thing of the past.” Our team will be there rain or shine, leading greater Grand Rapid’s fight against breast cancer, and we hope you’ll be there to join us."

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by RhondaH; 08-10-2006 at 02:38 AM.. Reason: correction that Steph caught:)
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote