HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-20-2006, 11:05 PM   #1
Chelee

As a couple other people already said here, "Thanks for sharing your story". It is very encouraging to here people that have done so well.

My surgeon and oncologist gave me nothing to hang on to once I was DX. So I LOVE reading these stories of people 10 years out and more.

I flat out asked my oncologist after I got to know him pretty well, "How many people with my prognosis, or close to it do you personally know that is still doing well?" He looked funny for a minute as he didn't expect that question from me I assume? He looked down on the ground....thought REALLY HARD and said, "I know one women that has made it a year".

I was glad I was sitting down..he was serious. I know my prognosis wasn't the best...but all he can come up with is ONE person has done well for a year.

So you can only imagine how much I just get thrilled to read other peoples personally stories. Cheers me up especially on my really rough days.

Chelee

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu 3 +++, Er & Pr positive, 5 of 16 positive nodes, Richardson scale 9 0f 9.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote