HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2010, 01:12 AM   #1
Danielle

Joe passed on this evening

Hi, everybody. My name's Danielle, and I'm Christine and Joe's daughter. I might have met some of you over the past few years at many of the events our group has attended. And those of you who I haven't met, I just want to let you know how proud my parents have always been to be among a network of such amazing, inspiring, and forever enduring fighters. They've talked about so many of you like you're dear, old friends -- many of you they haven't even properly met!!

I just wanted to let you know my dad passed on tonight. He'd been fighting his own battle with stage 3 lung cancer, diagnosed in January, and as his primary caregiver, I can say the past few months have definitely been a battle. My father was always such a delightful and motivated human being, as if that weren't so evident by this group, and just know there wasn't a month that passed where he ever lost his smile. (The last time my family was all together was my mom Chris's birthday on Wednesday the 4th. Dad made an amazing seafood linguine, and it was so nice to have an afternoon with me, my mom, dad, and sister all together. And just a few days ago, during a home nurse's visit, he stuck out his tongue and mooned me!) And just know our lovely little dog, Belle, is trying her very best to keep our spirits lifted through such a difficult time. And that he died peacefully here at home with my mom, his sweetheart of 27 beautiful years, by his side. There's no doubt he's an honorary HER2+ angel.

Much love to all of you,
Danielle
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote