HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2005, 07:07 PM   #1
Lolly

I found this fascinating website while looking up the definition of "translational medicine", which is the term now employed to describe the more cutting-edge therapies coming from the research lab into clinical trials.

"Journal of Translational Medicine is an Open Access, peer-reviewed online journal focussing on information derived from human experimentation so as to optimise the communication between basic and clinical science."

Journal of Translational Medicine
http://www.translational-medicine.com/info/about/
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:01 PM   #2
*_Christine MH_*

Dear Lolly,

I am so glad to see this. One of the things that has supposedly been holding medical research back is that the negative findings aren't published often enough, which means that some money gets wasted on things that have been disproven. I think some of the drugs companies have agreed to publicise their experiments that didn't work for that reason.

It's also good to see a peer-reviewed open access web journal, since the current ones are priced out of the reach of scientists in developing countries and academics in certain fields (like my husband's) are very unhappy that their journals are so expensive when academics do almost all of the work except the printig as part of their jobs.

I hope it helps.

Take care,
Christine