HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
hermiracles

Herceptin 'challenge' Christmas Eve!??

Hello friends ~ well after my last 'severe' reaction to my 1st dose of Herceptin - the Onc has decided to go ahead and challenge me again with the Herceptin - but this time with a lot slower dose and pre-med ++ = claratyne, decadron, phenergan, ranitadine!

I'm both happy and a bit scared about all of this - happy 'cause I do want to be able to have the Herceptin... but all those meds and the risk involved is a bit scary..... then I started reading the thread about the side-effects of Herceptin and I thought - o-oh don't know if this is such a good idea!! lol!

Oh well... here we go... say a few prayers for me if you wouldn't mind. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas if you do celebrate.
Blessings all
Hermiracles
09/07 Stage 2 bilat. mastectomy R/ b. clear extens DCIS/IDC Paget’s 8 nodes clear ER(<5%) HER2+++ CT clear
11/07 Portacath - FEC
15/11/07 Stage 4 Emerg op - hip replacemt #NOF bone mets H/Taxotere
12/07 Rx to 'spots' on spine/R/hip/femur 3wkly H
2008 H+T mets to rib/sternum? Aredia CT clear! Cont. H + Aredia 07/08 1 wk Palliative Care - mets to lungs + ?1 to brain
09/08 Stop H complete Epirubicin 1wk PC new brain mets
10/08 2wks WBR 1wk PC 22/10/08 Tykerb/Xeloda 12/08 6 CEREBRAL METS COMPLETELY GONE! Rib mets down to <1cm.
01/09 Tumour markers normal! Rx to L/arm
03/09 LUNGS CLEAR (ALL NODULES GONE!), brain clear, liver clear. Bones stable! ~ THANK YOU GOD
07/09 Repeat CT Scan ~ ALL organs clear apart from bones which remain stable. I walk in gratitude.
hermiracles is offline   Reply With Quote