HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
aurey

Question Side affects of Herceptin

Please will any of you tell me about the side affects that you have experienced or are experiencing.
I started on herceptin whilst having taxotere chemo, it seemed to lessen a little the affects of the chemo. I assumed this was as it would continue. However I am now 5 months out of chemo and the affects are still with me. The worst is the aches and pains in joints and bones, I've had a 'bad' knee for several years but before this treatment it was perfectly livable with, but under the chemo the pain was very bad. I thought things should be lessening by now, the oncologist was not helpful when I queried him, he goes in for clever answers that do not help but confuse.
As I said above the pains are still there perhaps not so bad but it is getting me down now and looking at the herceptin side affects 'flu like symptoms' which I've always put as a runny nose I am now wondering if it is the ache you can get in flu with bones and joints.
I'll be away from pcs saturday to saturday but I'd really appreciate any input.
Thanks
aurey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
nancymarie

Hello,

Taxotere really took a toll on my joints. I was taking celebrex back in 2002 for my pain at that time.

I'm now only on Herceptin and it seems like my joint problems are back. My knees really seem bad (my knees even even hurt when sitting down on the toilet!). I have been taking Osteo Biflex to help with this, but with all my other symptoms, I have going to stop taking the herceptin.

-Nancy
nancymarie is offline   Reply With Quote