HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-05-2011, 06:20 AM   #1
NEDenise

Question Surgery Friday...any advice?

Hi all!
My mastectomy (bilateral), and DIEP flap surgery are less than 48 hours away now.
Not nervous exactly...

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice about:
1. what to pack for the hospital stay
2. pain management
3. will my post op diet be restricted
4. self care

and...anything I'm too inexperienced to think of!

Thanks!
Denise
4/12/11-A/C x 4, then T/H x 4, H only,Q3 weeks
8/26/11 finished Taxol!!!
10/7/11 mastectomy/DIEP recon
11/11 radiation x28
1/12/12 1st CANCER-VERSARY!
1/12 Low EF/Herceptin "Holiday" :(
2/12 EF up - Back on Herceptin, heart meds
4/2/1212 surgery to repair separated incision from DIEP recon
6/8/12 Return to work :)
6/17/12 Fall, shatter wrist,surgery to repair/insert plate :(
7/10/12 last Herceptin
7/23/12 Brain Mets %$&#! 3cm and 1cm
8/10/12 Gamma knife surgery, LOTS of steroids;start H/Tykerb
8/23/12 Back to work
12/20/12 Injure back-3 weeks in wheel chair
1/12/13 2nd CANCER-VERSARY!
1/14/13 herniate disk in back - surgery to repair
1/27/13 Radiation necrosis - edema in brain - back on steroids - but not back to work - off balance, poor cordination in right arm
5/3/13 Start Avastin to shrink necrosis
5/10/13 begin weaning steroids
6/18/13 Brain MRI - Avastin seems to be working!
6/20/13 quarterly CT - chest, abdomen, pelvis - All Clear!
7/5/13 finally off steroids!!
7/7/13 joined the ranks of the CHEMO NINJAS I am now Tekuto Ki Ariku cancer assassin!
7/13/13 Symptoms return - back on steroids
7/26/13 Back on Avastin - try again!
8/26/13 Not ready to return to classroom yet :( But I CAN walk without holding onto things! :)
9/9/13 Brain MRI - fingers crossed
“ Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you, and you alone, to decide. ” – Cavett Robert
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
Lisa1967

Re: Surgery Friday...any advice?

NEDenise....I will be thinking of you and praying for you. I hope all goes well... that your recovery is speedy and your pain very manageable. Fingers and Toes Crossed.

I will actually be beginning my journey into the reality of it all. I have my port place on Friday. Thinking how lovely a doorbell protruding from my chest will look.

Please keep us posted and fill us with good news about you!!

Hugs....Lisa
Lisa1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
rhondalea

I only had the mastectomy--no reconstruction--but the one piece of general advice I'd give you is to buy drain pouches. It will be a lot easier than pinning and unpinning them (which is what I did).

Here's an example, but you can google for many others, including camisoles and bras. There are even some for the shower:

http://www.tlcdirect.org/products/sk...__dept-35.html

As for the rest--I was in the hospital for a little over 24 hours, and I slept almost the entire time. I have no idea how long they keep you when reconstruction is involved, and that's what matters when you're planning what to take. What I've been told is that front-button shirts are a must, but I had full movement from the beginning, so that may not be true. Better to be safe than sorry, though.

I was not allowed a full shower until after the drains were removed (I had three), so a hand-held shower attachment made life much more pleasant. Afterward, my surgeon's APN said I could've showered and used a blow dryer afterwards, so be sure to ask.

Mostly, I just wanted to say good luck. I also wanted to say that you apparently live not so far from me, so if there's anything I can do for you, please feel free to call on me. It's actually easiest to get me with an IM to rhondalea@gmail.com, but (hope this isn't against the rules), you can also call me at 469-619-7553. I can't be there in a flash like someone around the corner, but I will get there.

My final word to you is that my anticipation of the event was overblown, and in the end, it was pretty much a big nothing. I hated the drains passionately, but only because they made me feel like the invalid I most certainly was not. Other than that, it wasn't a big deal, so don't let fear get the best of you.

Edited to add: On the pain management--just take what they give you, and be religious about taking it. One of the residents came in and said to me: "Don't let the pain get ahead of you." I didn't have much pain at all--it was more irritation than anything--but life was easier with Percocet than without it, so take it as directed, and if you need something stronger, ask immediately. There's no good reason to suffer when you don't have to. You can't drive with the drains anyway (well, you're not supposed to, although I did that too after the first week, but not when I was taking pain meds), so taking the drugs as directed won't stop you from doing anything you could be doing.

Last edited by rhondalea; 10-05-2011 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: addendum
rhondalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
NanaJoni

A couple of things - pack shirts or pj's that button up. You won't want to pull anything over your head. Also, one of the things that helped me a lot (and it seems like such a small thing) was dealing with the drains. I had mine quite a long time because I was heavier at the time (60lbs lighter now). Someone told me to get a good length of ribbon and tie a knot in it and hang it in the shower. When you get undress there will be no where to "pin the drains"....so the little ribbon was perfect. Just pin those drains to the ribbon and shower away. I was allowed to take showers from the 3rd day on so it was several weeks of drains and my ribbon was wonderful. Also my husband did all the changing of the dressings which was emotionally difficult for me but he was wonderful. I also found a camisole/t-shirt type undergarment that velcroed up the front. Even my surgeon liked it better than the one she had been recommending. It had pockets for the drains and was so comfortable. You'll do great and we'll be thinking and praying for you.
3/24/10:sent.node biopsy clear
3/31/10:bi-lateral mx.;atypical ductal hyperplasia-lft side
4/21/10:wound revision-infection/scarring 4/28/10:seromas both sides
5/21/10:port installed,TCH chemo (6 x 3 wks); Herc,-1yr; 33 rad tx after chemo
07/2010: port not working-2nd port didnt'work;3rd port opposite side.
07/2010: 2 weeks after 3rd port surgery, threw 3 pulm. emboli-IVC filter installed; warfarin
08/2010: hospitalizations w/3 of chemos; decision to stop after 4th-on to radiation in Oct 2010;Herc cont.
12/03/2010 - finished 33 rads Hooray!! cont. Herc. every 3 wks
4/2011 - pneumonia ??? Nope-radiation pneumonitis. No more Herc.
5/2011 - NED!!! port out.
8/2011 - clean PET & CT scans.Still NED
7/2012 - Still NED/very blessed.
2/2013 - 6 mos checkup-all clear. CA2729 down frm 13 to 11.
NanaJoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
tricia keegan

I don't have advice as did'nt have this op but wanted to send good wishes to you for a quick recovery!

My friend had a mast and I remember her telling me she bought a long string of pearls so she could pin the drains to them to help with showers, not sure if that helps but it did for her!!!
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #6
BonnieR

I would'nt worry too much about packing. They will probably want you in hospital issue shirts that accomodate IVs, drains etc. and that are easy to change. I bought cute pjs and only got to wear them when I got home. Besides, you dont want to get goop on your nice clothes! Maybe just have easy slippers.
It would be nice if you could get Softee camisoles. They are made for post op and even have pockets for drainage tubes. If there is a prosthetics store near you that sells mastectomy garments, they may have some. else it is mail order. I wore them for a long time after surgery because they are so forgiving and comfortable. find them on line. You dont need to pull them over your head, they can be pulled up.
Yes, stay ahead of the pain. Dont say "it's not too bad yet". That is when you need to catch it. Being in pain affects our recovery time.
Not sure about diet restrictions. Right after surgery you will probably have liquids at first.
Regarding draining tubes, my husband was shown how to master them. He drained them a few times a day and said he just thought in terms of the hydrolic fluid in his car! Whatever works!
Most of your hospital stay you will be groggy and being under observation. you will probably be home before you know it. I was in for less than 24 hrs. But I did not have reconstruction.
Keep the faith. We are all with you.

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #7
schoolteacher

NEDenise,

Will be thinking of you and praying. Hope to hear from you soon.

Amelia
schoolteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #8
chekmark

I have no advice but wanted to wish you good luck with your new foobs. You will be in my prayers. You just keep getting closer to ending this chapter of your life. Go girl. I found my recovery after mastectomy very easy, never took anything for pain was home the same day and ready to go back to work as soon as drain was out but I did not have reconstruction. I did find the drain annoying and bothersome but it did not hurt. Your surgery is completely different than mine but you will do fine. You are a fighter. God Bless. Darlene
DX Sept 30 2010 at the age of 49. Oh crap! 1.5 cm idc, stage 1 grade 3 er/pr+, her2+ no lymph nodes, mastectomy Oct/10. Started 6 rounds of TCH Dec/10 and will continue herceptin until Nov /11 and just started femara.
Stray kitten found my lump while I was playing with it. It is now my pet and my dog is not real happy about that.
Mammo good
last herceptin 11/21/11 YAY
reconstruction 12/09/11
Chapter closed 12/10/11, hopefully, fingers crossed
Bone scan, chest xray, clear
04/27/12 Expander removed, implant put in, ahh sigh of relief, much more comfortable
Sept 30, 2014, 4 years NED
chekmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #9
Mary Jo

Prayers for all to go well Denise. I stayed in the beautiful hospital issued gown after my DIEP. It's just easier. The ribbon idea for drains when showering is a good idea. I did that too and it makes showering much easier. As for pain management, I can honestly say I didn't experience much pain. I was given the "heavy duty" drugs the first few days but then started seeing martians (yup.....it's called percoset hallucinations) so told the nursing staff....NO MORE. It was Tylenol only then and I was fine. I walked a lot.

You'll do fine. Looking forward to hearing how it all goes.

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:20 AM   #10
NEDenise

Thank you to all my new HER2 friends!
I can't tell you how much comfort you've given me.

My head knows I'm going to be fine...not a single doubt or question. (I have a very pushy brain)

But I think today...my heart and my tear ducts are not quite as sure. (they're starting to annoy my brain, quite frankly)

Perhaps it's time to break out the ativan, before my brain gets violent!
Thanks! I'll post again as soon as I'm lucid again (don't want any stories about Martians to sneak in here...right, Linda!?)
Denise
11/11 radiation x28
7/10/12 last Herceptin
8/23/12 Back to work
1/27/13 Radiation necrosis - edema in brain - back on steroids - but not back to work - off balance, poor cordination in right arm
7/7/13 joined the ranks of the CHEMO NINJAS I am now Tekuto Ki Ariku cancer assassin!
8/26/13 Not ready to return to classroom yet :( But I CAN walk without holding onto things! :)
“ Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you, and you alone, to decide. ” – Cavett Robert
Old 10-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #11
lkc Gumby

Thumbs up Re: Surgery Friday...any advice?

Hi Denise,

I just know you'll do great.

I echo what the very smart ladies recomended above.
Have lost of juices and drinks that you like at home.
Also you may want to have some Bran cereal, and fruits
( no bananas ) at home as pain meds are constipating. Rule of thumb if taking pain meds increase fiber.

(I actually enjoyed my pain meds while in Hosp!) Prayers going out. Let us know when you're home and comfy

Dxed Stage IIIC May 05, 12 pos nodes
er/pr -neg,Her -pos
LVI
Right partial mast & partial axillary dissection-June14,2005
Right modified mast-no clear margins- June 30, 2005
DD AC x4
Taxotere X4 with Herceptin
Rads x 35( 5 fields )
Left prophylactive mast( atypia & hyperplasia found ),
put on Tamoxifen x 1 yr; D/ced due to endometrial thickening
bilateral recon (saline implants)May 06
Nipple recon July 06
metformin 2010
removal of implants due to severe encapsulation, insertion of gummies 2013
Reclast Q yr
NED!!!
lkc Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #12
Deb33

Here's my two cents:

Be sure to take a picture of your breasts today - you will want it for your scrapbook and to remind yourself that you didn't look that great "before". My surgery and reconstruction was relatively easy and trauma free. I didn't get the diep flap but my PS does an internal cellular matrix support thing that gives really natural results. I was in the hospital for 48 hours - the biggest issue was they wanted me on oral pain killers and off the IV meds and I had to poop (sorry if this it too much info). Surgery is SO constipating. I left with 5 drains which were a bit of a hassle but not painful. The hospital gave me a "Marsupial" pac which was great - its a velcro belt with pockets that hold the drains. Make sure you have some firm pillows for your bed so you can prop up when you rest or a recliner. You will be on your back for awhile. I am 10 weeks from surgery and am still required to sleep on my back - my PS feels with as much chemo as I had and am still having, that I may heal a little slower. Have someone to wait on you for at least a week. You will have limited arm movement which is hard to follow because after 3 or 4 days you will feel pretty good, probably be taking tylenol only and will want to be self sufficient. I learned the hard way that doesn't work - I had 1 drain that took 21 days to remove because I wouldn't stop moving around. One other thing that comes to mind - I occasionally had pec cramps - my chest muscle would sieze up and would be pretty painful. Keep tylenol on hand ALL the time.

You will do great. After chemo, surgery is a piece of cake and is one more thing to check off the To Do List.
2/23/11 Began TCH protocol every 21 days 6x
5/23/11 Ultrasound of originally diseased lymph node shows normal
7/25/11 Lymph node dissection - 8 of 14 show disease
7/29/11 Double mastectomy with reconstruction (expanders)
8/29/11 Begin follow up chemo - Adriamycin 4 treatments every 2 weeks and Xeloda. Self inject Nupogen shots
1/6/12 6 weeks of Radiation finished
2/13/12 Last Herceptin/remove port
3/27/12 PET/Brain Scan NED :)
8/15/12 Final reconstruction - hello nipples, good bye expanders
9/14/12 Rejected implant/infection. Implant removed
5/6/13 Latissumis Dorsi surgery left side with expander

PS - my photo was taken 5 days after my double mastectomy surgery and 6 weeks after my TCH was completed
Deb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #13
Mel3

My advice is to schedule physical therapy as soon as possible. I went six days after surgery and I had good results, and i have full range of motion. I did not have reconstruction though. I wish you the best.
Mastectomy 8/18 nodes+
Taxol/Herceptin x 4
35 rads
Continue Herceptin for 1 year
Mel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #14
Jackie07

Denise,

Found an article about the subject: http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=60418

The very last time I stayed in the hosptial overnight (after prophylactic hysterectomy/oophorectomy in Jan. 2010) I was provided with a 'rubber' keyboard for Internet use. My computer monitor was the TV screen in the room. That was a pleasant surprise - though I was too weak to stay on it for more than 30 minutes and typing on a rubber keyboard was awkward.

I guess my point is to not to be afraid of asking for assistance during your stay.

Sending you good vibes.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #15
Deb33

Its so different because my PS didn't want me to "disturb" my reconstruction with range of motion for at least 6 weeks, my surgeon wanted some side arm lifting where my nodes were removed but not enough to disturb my chest muscles. You'll also have the diep flaps to baby so you might be given totally different direction. I have no issue with range of motion at all now. My muscle tone in my triceps and biceps is crummy because I haven't been to the gym but that will all come back.

Just listen to your docs - they'll know what's best. And try to not stress - it is really NOT horrible.

One last thing - my surgeon ordered Emend to be taken the day of surgery and I think that really helped with any surgical nausea. And my plastic surgeon ordered 5 mg of Valium along with the Percocet for when I got home because the Percocet occasionally causes some people to get high strung (I'm one of them). I only took a few but it was great knowing I had them just in case.
2/23/11 Began TCH protocol every 21 days 6x
5/23/11 Ultrasound of originally diseased lymph node shows normal
7/25/11 Lymph node dissection - 8 of 14 show disease
7/29/11 Double mastectomy with reconstruction (expanders)
8/29/11 Begin follow up chemo - Adriamycin 4 treatments every 2 weeks and Xeloda. Self inject Nupogen shots
1/6/12 6 weeks of Radiation finished
2/13/12 Last Herceptin/remove port
3/27/12 PET/Brain Scan NED :)
8/15/12 Final reconstruction - hello nipples, good bye expanders
9/14/12 Rejected implant/infection. Implant removed
5/6/13 Latissumis Dorsi surgery left side with expander

PS - my photo was taken 5 days after my double mastectomy surgery and 6 weeks after my TCH was completed
Deb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #16
chekmark

Denise, I want to add something. We all understand your tears today. Cancer takes so much away from us but it will never take away your heart. It leaves us bald and disfigured and that is so much for an individual to deal with. My surgeon and my oncologist did not agree on a mastectomy, my surgeon said I only needed a reincision my oncologist wanted me to get a mastectomy. I still think about that alot and wonder but I cannot go back so I find that I tell myself that I did not lose a breast but the cancer inside of it and the tissue surrounding it. When it is all done and over with you will still have the same skin that was there before and it will look good. You will still be the same person you are now but without cancer. I remember you needing a pep talk and saying that you want to watch your kids graduate and get married. You will be able to do all of those things. Cry all you want but try not to look back after tomorrow it will tear you apart. I try so much not to wonder what if I had not done the mastectomy but I know that my oncologist is one trying to save my life and went with her recommendation. I wish I had immediate reconstruction but she also wanted me to wait until I was done with herceptin. I don't know why she just said that she did not want anything to interfere with herceptin but from what I know it doesn't at all. I will be looking forward to your post surgery post and hearing how it went. I know that you will breeze thru it. You have a loving husband (and quite good looking I might add) and children, who will still see you as there mother and wife. You have a strong faith. I know that you are praying every chance that you get. I will be too. You have touched me with your posts and I am your own personal cheering section. God bless you and please keep us posted. Darlene
DX Sept 30 2010 at the age of 49. Oh crap! 1.5 cm idc, stage 1 grade 3 er/pr+, her2+ no lymph nodes, mastectomy Oct/10. Started 6 rounds of TCH Dec/10 and will continue herceptin until Nov /11 and just started femara.
Stray kitten found my lump while I was playing with it. It is now my pet and my dog is not real happy about that.
Mammo good
last herceptin 11/21/11 YAY
reconstruction 12/09/11
Chapter closed 12/10/11, hopefully, fingers crossed
Bone scan, chest xray, clear
04/27/12 Expander removed, implant put in, ahh sigh of relief, much more comfortable
Sept 30, 2014, 4 years NED
chekmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #17
Lisa1967

Checkmark....beautiful post! I wish we had the option to "like" posts that are really awesome.
Lisa1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #18
NEDenise

Thanks everyone!
I guess I could get through all of this without you, but I'm so glad I don't have to! Your support and kindness are such a blessing.

It's a comfort to be able to ask questions, without explaining all the ways I'm not like all the other women who have BC. (people in my "real" world want to be helpful, but their frame of reference is so skewed) What you've all dealt with allows you to understand where I am, and what I need to hear.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom, and for being the kind women you are!

I'll be back to post how great I'm feeling, as soon as I can!
Denise
11/11 radiation x28
7/10/12 last Herceptin
8/23/12 Back to work
Old 10-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #19
snolan

I used the softee shirts also very helpful. Your diet with be bland soup, jello, oatmeal etc. They put a little patch behind my ear to help with the nausea after surgery, thing work wonders. I only know that because it fell off and I immediatly started to barf, put it back on and I stopped. I used a shoe string for showers to pin my drains to, and also used a wedge pillow for sleeping and pillows under my heals ( was getting pressure pain).
Hope all goes well, keep us posted.
Tamox.
25 radiation tx
Removal of expander on L due to infection. Tried to save it had 3 bouts of antibiotics and went to see plastic surgeon 2-3x wk to get drained. Saving it was my idea not his. But lost it anyway.
Reconstruction set for December 21st,2011
Finished chemo 12/2010
Finished Herceptin 8/26/11
Reconstruction 12/21/11
Expanders exchanged for silicon 3/19/12
Nipple reconstruction 5/18/12
Nipple tatooing- 7/9/12- All done yay!
11/22/12-Went back to get scar tissue stretched to even the outside of breast, didn't work due to it being radiated skin.
snolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #20
BonnieR

Hope you have broken out that Ativan if needed. That's what it's for.
I'm having cataract surgery tomorrow (feeling like it is CAKE compared to what you will be going through!) so will be checking in on you as soon as my one eye permits!
Keep the faith.

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote